Chapter 9

"Sorry Paul" I said as I walked out of the store laughing. He shook his head as he lightly chuckled, "it's ok, I just will never get to ask her out." We all laughed and walked back to Bruce's house. I noticed a black van with the word 'abracadabra' on the side.

Normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but ever since my weird dreams started happening I've felt slightly on edge and this van was driving about 10 miles under the speed limit. It was 8 and the sun had started to set so we picked up the pace and speed walked all the way home.

As we walked into the driveway I had seen a couple of our other neighbors walk back to their houses. Me, Bruce, Jason, and Paul walked in with our snacks in hand. I saw my mom and dad in the living room talking to the other parents and so we all walked in and sat down.

"Hi mami." I said as I sat down on her right and put my head on her shoulder, "hi mija you ready to go?" "Yea" I said with a small smile. My parents and I got up and said our goodbyes, I realized bruce wasn't downstairs so I asked his mom if I could go up and say bye.

"Yea that's ok." His mom said. I walked upstairs and knocked on Bruce's door, "come in!" I turned the knob and Bruce seemed happy to see me, "hey I just wanted to say bye since you weren't downstairs."
"Oh yea sorry i just got tired and wanted to lie down." "Yea the walk is kinda tiring anyway my parents are waiting, bye."

"Bye see ya later." I walked back out of his room and down the stairs saying bye one last time to his mom and dad and found my parents outside waiting for me. "Ready?" "Yea." And with that we walked back home. I walked up into my room and into my bathroom to brush my teeth and whatnot.

I decided since it was summer I wanted to stay up a little later and hang out on the roof. I know it doesn't sound all that safe but the roof section under my window is flat so I'll be ok. I put on my pjs and walked into the hallway making sure my parents were asleep because they still don't think it's safe.

I payed down on my bed just in case my parents were awake and they came to say goodnight or something. I thought about my kiss with Bruce again not being able to shake it out of my head. I wondered what it meant to him, I guess I don't even know what it meant to me. Anyway I felt like enough time had passed and I could finally go outside.

I opened my window quietly and put one foot out balancing so I would tumble over. I brought my other foot through the window and stood up finding a good spot and sitting down with my knees to my chest considering it was breezy.

I sat in silence looking up at the stars and looking for constellations I was feeling very relaxed till I saw that van again. That stupid black van that seems to be everywhere now. "Weird." I said quietly to myself suddenly feeling very unsettled so I decided to go back inside.

I climbed back through my window, locked it and climbed into bed tucking myself in. I laid in silence with my thoughts but this time instead of thinking about Bruce I thought of that van and how unsettling it was to see it.

~A/N~ I'm rlly sorry I haven't posted 😭 I've just been rlly drained with school and I wasn't feeling very motivated to do anything 😓 butttttttt I felt inspired or what not blah blah TILL NEXT TIME ALSO THANKS FOR OVER 800 READS LY🫵