Chapter 7

I cleared my throat and continued setting up the canopy till bruce spoke up and said something, "So how's your summer reading going? Did you even finish it?" He asked pridefully, "Obviously, I finished it like a month ago." I responded annoyed.

We finished setting up the first canopy, and quickly did the second one so I walked inside and went to find mrs Yamada. "Mrs Yamada? I finished is there anything else you need?" I asked with a smile. "No dear that's all, you can go up to Bruce's room if you'd like."

Oh. Well what do i do? Do I say ok and go into his room? Would he kick me out? Well there's really only one way to know. "Oh okay uhm which room is it?" I asked nervously "up the stairs two doors to the right. Oh! And keep the door open." She said giving me a small smile.

Jeez, I walked up the stairs and grabbed the doorknob of the room I believed was Bruce's. I slowly turned the knob and walked in as he stared at me, "your mom told me I could be up here uhh I can go to the living room though." I said popping my fingers out of nerves.

"No stay! -I mean it's okay with me." "Oh ok, nice room." I said as I looked at his decorations being some baseball themed things along with cars. Hm I guess I never really thought about what he liked, his wall had posters with cars on them and hot wheels unopened scattered around.

I sat down at his desk and continued looking around and i spotted a red record player, "nice record player, What's your favorite song?" I asked with curiosity because clearly I didn't really know him. "Probably heart break hotel, I really like Elvis." "Really?" I asked kind of shocked

"Yea he sings nicely, what about you?" He asked raising his eyebrow "oh no I can't sing I sound like I'm dyin-" Bruce laughed "no I meant like what's your favorite song?" I mentally face palmed myself how stupid could I be. "Ohhhh hah uhm i don't know I listen to everything"

I said shrugging and looking around his room. "Wanna play a record?" Bruce asked getting up and walking over to his vinyls. "Sure why not." I smiled. He played a vinyl that was titled 'Elvis hits' and the first song to play was heartbreak hotel, he sung along passionately and I swear I saw a different Bruce.

I looked around his room for a clock and saw it read 5:00. I started to feel more comfortable and far less awkward now, Bruce had some random song playing in the background quietly and I spoke up, "So what do you to kill time?" I asked spinning slowly in his chair.

"I read or write in this journal I've had like all year."
"A diary? Bruce has a diary?" I asked chuckling. He playfully rolled his eyes and said, "No i have a journal." "Meh same difference if you ask me." I spun in the chair until I felt queasy, ah shit.

I quickly stopped and slightly gagged ew gross i don't wanna puke. Bruce looked over concerned, "you ok do you want some water or something?" "Yes please." He nodded and got up and went downstairs to get me a glass of water. "Thanks." I said as I took a sip and he started laughing I glared at him through the glass cup.

I finished the water and put down the cup on the desk I yawned sighed, "what now?" Bruce asked "yeesh nothing I'm just kind of tired." He said a quiet oh and continued reading his book. "Bruce?" I asked starting conversation.

"Yea?" "Maybe we should stop hating each other." I said as I starred at the wall "maybe." He said putting down his book "I mean it doesn't benefit anyone y'know?" I said turning to look at him "Yea i guess not. So what are we friends now?" He asked.

"I guess so yea." I said looking at him with a small smile. He walked over to me and held out his hand for me to shake, "truce?" I grabbed his hand, "yea, truce." And we shook hands making eye contact that clearly neither of us wanted to break.

I could see his eyes glancing from my lips and eyes as he bit the inside of his cheek. Did he want to kiss me? I mean maybe it's not a bad idea maybe I wanted to kiss him too? Bruce hesitated as he lifted his hand to move my hair away from my face and behind my ear.

I had shaky breath and really couldn't move. He leaned closer and so did, we both closed our eyes and just kissed it felt perfect. I could feel my stomach turning and I had major butterflies I stood up so he wouldn't have to lean down and I deepened the kiss. I could feel him smiling as we continued for another 20 seconds.

I heard a knock at the door downstairs and I pulled away catching my breath, "woah" I said making eye contact shocked over what we just did, "yea" he said as he started smiling. " Uhm I think my parents are here." I spoke "oh uhm I'll be down in a bit you go ahead though."

I walked downstairs butterflies still in my stomach as I walked outside to see my mom and dad sitting down near my other neighbors, "Hi mom hi dad." I said smiling and i waved at my other neighbors, "oh hi sweetie where were you?" "Oh uhm i was hanging out with Bruce." My mom looked kind of shocked because she knows I didn't like Bruce.

"Oh! alright then." She said smiling. I walked back inside to sit in the living room and basically as soon as I sat down Bruce came in smiling at me and sitting next to me, "I hope your ok with everything that happened upstairs." "Yea I am don't worry." I said as I grabbed his hand.

~A/N~ OH OK SO THEY JUST KISSED 😜 ik they acting kinda awkward but wtv anyway this chapter was longer by 63 words than the last two slay so yah vote or you hate Bruce 😰😰😰😰 1063words OH ALSO TYSM FOR 200 READS you bahaddies made this possible 🫵😍