Chapter 11

-1 week time skip-
*Beep beep beep beep* I groaned as I heard the annoying sound of my alarm going off indicating that it was 6 am and I needed to be ready for school in 2 hours. I reached over and shut off my alarm and reached for the week old water I had in a bottle by my bed.

I got off my bed and walked to the bathroom staring into the mirror, "thank god I curled my hair yesterday night, now I just have to slightly redo it." I put my hair into a loose pony tail so I could brush my teeth without getting it wet and ruined. I washed away my drool crust and put on face lotion.

I walked out of the bathroom and over to my bed to put on my slippers, I walked out of my room going downstairs into the living room to hug my mom and dad and say good morning, "want me to make you something princesa?" My dad asked since he took the day off to be able to drive me to school.

My dad had always taken me school on the first day, it was our own little tradition. "No thanks dad I'll just make myself some toast and a smoothie." He smiled and nodded, I grabbed frozen fruit from the freezer and put it into the blender with some water and blended it till there was no more chunks of fruit left.

I made my toast, grabbed my smoothie and sat on a stool at the counter eating my food and drinking my smoothie, "mija I'm gonna go sleep a little more wake me up when we're leaving." My dad said yawing, I nodded and took another bite. My mom had also gone upstairs to continue getting ready for work.

*knock knock knock* I heard the sounds of 3 knocks at the door which startled me but I got up and started walking towards the door, "oh hey!" It was bruce what a shocker, "hey I was just wondering if you wanted to walk to school with me today?" I was kind of shocked but very happy with what he asked but then I remembered my dad.

"I'd really like that but uhm can we postpone that for tomorrow? My dad always drives me on the first day." I said hoping Bruce wouldn't feel bad. "Yea no worries Thats totally okay we can walk tomorrow!" I smiled in relief, "okay sounds good, bye I'll see you later." He said his bye and walked back home.

I walked up to my room to put on my clothes that I had picked out the night before, a green and white striped t shirt with some Levi's and my black vans. I walked over to my mirror and put on some blush, tinted lip balm, and mascara. I smiled at myself in the mirror until I heard a light tapping at my bedroom door, "mi vida are you almost ready?"

"Yea i just need my shoes!" I heard the footsteps slowly disappear and so i grabbed my vans that I had by my bed and put them on tying them tightly. "Im ready!" I said as I walked down the stairs. Then the little flash of my moms Polaroid camera hit my face making it known that she took a picture of me.

Its been her own tradition since I was in the 2nd grade, I think it's cute that she does it every year y'know like for memories, "you look gorgeous mija." "Thank you mami." I said as I hugged her and she gently kissed my forehead, "ok let's go you don't want to be late on the first day!"

We walked out of the house and onto the driveway. across the street I could see Bruce starting his walk to school, "Bruce!" I Shouted waving at him. He looked around with small confused look on his face till he saw me waving at him "hey!" He said while waving back.

He grabbed his bike and started to pedal out of the neighborhood and in the direction of the school. We sat in the car for about 5 minutes while we waited for the car to get warm, "okay mija let's go." He put the car in drive and began to drive to the school.

I stared out the window admiring the trees and clouds. We listened to some cassettes my dad likes to keep in the car and we soon arrived at the school. I suddenly felt very nervous and anxious but knew that it would all be okay and I really didn't have anything to worry about.

I saw Bruce locking his bike onto the bike rack and finding his friends, "okay mija have a good first day!" "Bye pa thanks for driving me." I said smiling and grabbing my back pack and walking towards the school, oh boy I can't wait to see what's in store for this year.

~a/n~ heyyyyy long time no see 😆😆😆 just a lil something something to keep u entertained, anyway I'm sadly over my tbp phase I mean don't get me wrong tristan is still fine asf but like it's a short lived phase bc of how little screentime broski has 😭 I'll keep writing tho it just won't be super often and stuffs 🤞 896 words