Chapter 4

(Vote plsss)

When we got home I said hi to my mom y'know the basics and I went into my room to put away my new clothes. I decided to hangout in the living room as my mom and dad played dominoes.

We heard a knock and so I got up to answer since my parents didn't want to ruin the flow of their game, understandable I guess. I opened the door to see Bruce Yamada standing there looking around.

He quickly looked towards the door and seemed taken aback to see me, " Oh hey Jackie." He said kind of nervous, weird. "Hi what's up?" I asked fidgeting with the doorknob.

"My parents sent me over to invite your parents to a barbecue at our house since it's end of summer." He said not breaking eye contact, "Uhh yea sounds good what time or when?"  "Tomorrow at 6."

"Ok I'll tell my parents, bye bruce." I have a small smile "Oh yea uhm bye." And with that he walked back to his house. "Who was that?" I heard my mom say from the living room.

"Bruce Yamada. He invited us to that barbecue thingy they have yearly for tomorrow at 6." "Oh free food? we'll be there!" My dad said. I walked into the kitchen grabbing a bowl and pouring chips into it and walking back to the living room.

"So whose winning?" "Your dad because he's cheating!"  My mom said with frustration in her voice. I nodded and laughed.

{Bruce's POV}
I was hanging out in my room playing one of my vinyls when my mom walked in not even knocking. I appreciate my dad for knocking but my mom never does, "mom please knock!"

"Sorry sweetie, anyway I have a favor to ask." She asked "yea whats up?" I said raising an eyebrow. "Do you think you could go over to the Ramirez's and invite them to the barbecue tomorrow at 6?"

Woah as in like Jacquelyn Ramirez? Man she probably won't even answer the door. "Yea sure mom I'll do it!" "Great thanks!" I got up and put on some nice Levi's and a blue T-shirt.

I walked to the foyer of my house and put on my shoes and I walked out into the street looking both ways so I don't get squished, I lived diagonally from Jacquelyn so it was like a 30 second walk.

I walked up to the door and built up some courage and I knocked 4 times I crossed my fingers hoping she wouldn't answer. It's not that I hated her it's just she makes me nervous, she always has.

After about 6 seconds the door opened, and just my luck Jacquelyn answered "Oh hey Jackie." Shit I was nervous. "Hi what's up?" I was hesitant but I said what I had to "My parents sent me over to invite your parents to a barbecue at our house since it's end of summer."

God she looks pretty,  "Uhh yea sounds good what time or when?"   "Tomorrow at 6." I said feeling less nervous. "Ok I'll tell my parents, bye bruce." She said smiling at me, her smile was like a beam of light "Oh yea uhm bye."

I walked back to my house smiling like an idiot, I know that we're supposed to hate each other but i can't help it she makes me happy, I just hope I make her equally happy even though I know we've slightly hated each other for so long.

I walked into my house taking off my shoes and going to find my mom, "hey mom?" I shouted waiting for a response, "I'm in the garden sweetie!"
I walked towards the back of the house and saw my mom picking tomatoes.

"Oh uhm they said they'd be here tomorrow." My mom smiled hearing what i said, "Okay great I'll start brainstorming food ideas tonight!" "Alright mom you do that." I said chuckling and walking back to my room.

~A/N~
SORRY ITS KINDA SHORT IMO BUTT I wanted to give y'all something to read and omg can I say ty for all the reads and 10 votes ❤️ and for adding my book to y'all's reading lists it definitely gets it more out there and i appreciate it like crazy 😭