Chapter 5

I woke up panting and afraid I had a awful nightmare of a man in a mask taking a young boy, I couldn't tell if the boy looked familiar in any way so I brushed it off like normal.

I looked over at my alarm clock and saw it read 5:22, I tried my best to try to go to sleep again but no matter how hard I tried it wasn't any use. I tossed and turned thinking of the invitation to the Yamada's barbecue.

It was normal for them to throw an end of summer party, and even though I wasn't Bruce's biggest fan I still loved going because boy do they know how to cook. I was finally able to fall back asleep at 6:00

And I slept like a baby for the rest of the night, well I guess morning? I heard the annoying loud noise of my alarm going off, I groaned and shifted my body to reach the stop button and I laid in bed not bothering to try and get up.

After a while I obviously got up and I was feeling pretty lazy, so I put off brushing my teeth and washing my face till after I ate. I walked into the kitchen to see a small blue sticky note on the counter that read, "I left $10 by the door if you want to go out for food- mom <3".

I opened the fridge and grabbed a carton of milk and placed it on the counter and grabbed a box of cereal from above the fridge, I then poured it into a bowl with some milk and stirred it with a spoon making sure every piece touched milk.

I grabbed my bowl and walked upstairs back to my room as I carefully got into my bed making sure not to spill any cereal from my bowl, I talked to myself about everything and anything as I ate.

I finished my bowl of cereal and put it on my crowded bedside table, I took that as a sign I should probably clean. But first I needed to brush my teeth and wash my face so I walked into my bathroom and did that.

I started cleaning by going over to my radio and turning it on and blasting the music since I was home alone, I then began to grab all the clothes on my floor and put it into my wicker laundry hamper, I needed a small trash bag so I walked downstairs to look for one.

I looked in the pantry and found old plastic grocery bags that mom used for the bathrooms, so I grabbed one of those and went back to my room and grabbed all the trash I could find. I tied the bag and plopped it by my door as a reminder to take it out later.

All I needed to do was clean above my drawers and make my bed, I took all my jewelry scattered across the top of my drawers and put it all onto a jewelry stand I had in my closet. I made my bed nice and neat and fluffed my pillows and just like that my room was clean.

I decided I needed a shower considering I was going to a barbecue later, I grabbed my clothes and put it on my bathroom counter and hopped into the shower for about 45 minutes. I got out dried myself off and changed.

I didn't dry my hair because I still had lots of time to kill before going to the Yamada's, so instead I walked downstairs and grabbed the $10 my mom left me and I went to the Grab N Go to buy myself something to eat.

Last time I was at the grab and go Bruce payed for my stuff, let's hope there's another cute boy there to pay for my stuff. Wait did I say cute? No I didn't, I must be confused- I mean Bruce was definitely not ugly but why would I even care if he was.

I rode my bike so I arrived at the Grab N Go much quicker than last time. I walked in and didn't see vance playing pinball, instead he was talking to the blonde behind the counter I gave a puzzled look as I walked in.

I wasn't jealous oh god no, I had just heard that he was going out with that sophomore Julie. I wouldn't have been shocked if they ended things based off of the fact that I knew how strict Julie's parents were. Anyway I walked into the drink section and grabbed a lemonade.

I walked over to a new area where they had hpackaged sandwiches and I grabbed a turkey lettuce and cheese one. I walked over to the register and stood next to vance as I grabbed my money and handed it to the girl behind the counter.

"Hey vance." I said making small talk, he looked at me "Oh hey uhm I have a question ?" "Yea what's up?" I responded now just standing there with my paid items in hand, "I was wondering since your smart and stuff if you could help me out with school stuff"

I smiled lightly, "Yea sure you can come by my house tomorrow, here's the address." I grabbed a small piece of paper and wrote down my address and gave it to Vance he said thanks and I walked out and got onto my bike and rode it home only thinking of how this afternoon would be.

~A/N~ WOAHHH this is the longest chalet I've ever written, it's kinda boring But next one will be her at the dinner/barbecue thingyyyy and I have some ideas in mind for stuff that can go down 😜 I'm gonna update chapter 4 for it to say barbecue so y'all don't get confused PLSSS VOTEEEE AND GIMMIE FEEDBACK YALL 😭😭 993 words blah blah blah blah now it's 1000 😋