chapter 2

As me and Bruce walked home together I couldn't help but sense something in my stomach that made it feel as though I could melt, something unfamiliar when it came to me talking and thinking about Bruce.

"So." Bruce cleared his throat "Uh what are your hobbies?" What are the chances of him actually caring? Slim to none but whatever it's just small talk. "Well I really enjoy collecting candles, it's silly but it's relaxing I guess."

"That makes total sense considering you always smell so good." Bruce responded leaving me with a couple questions. "So do you like sniff me every time i'm near?" I said with one eyebrow raised prepared to make him flustered again.

"Ye- well no not really I just breathe with my nose, and you sat in front of me for most classes." Bruce had responded making me chuckle "Yea of course." we had walked 9 minutes and we had finally made it to the neighborhood we both lived in.

As we walked down Wrangler Dr we were quiet.  It wasn't an uncomfortable silence it was honestly just right. Finally I was the one to speak up, "Hey thanks for walking me." I said with a small smile "Yea thanks for letting me."

Bruce laughed nervously "Oh! and uh thanks for the soda and chips, I didn't think you'd really do it" I said laughing. I awkwardly walked into my house quickly said hi to my mom and ran up the stairs and into my room.

I took off my sweater and shoes and climbed into bed  just wanting to take a nap and so I did, and woke up at around 6pm to the voice of my dad calling me for dinner I got up and walked to my bathroom throwing water at my face to wake me up.

Then rinsing my mouth and putting on slippers and walking downstairs and into the dining room
"well good morning to you Jackie" my dad said with a smile on his face "hahaha super funny dad what is it the 10th time you've used that joke"

I said with a playful annoyed face. My mom walked over with a plate for me and one for my dad, "Thanks mom it looks really good." "Of course mija, so do you have any plans for tomorrow?" "I was hoping you guys could take me to the store to buy clothes for back to school?"

"Oh mija your mom and I are gonna be out of town we leave the day after tomorrow and need tomorrow to pack, if you want we could leave you $100 and you could go shopping on your own? Just take your bike!"

My dads offer wasn't bad, "Okay sure i'll do that instead thanks guys." They both thanked me for being understanding. I finished my food and put my dish in the sink.

As I walked up the stairs I came to a sad realization that I only have 3 weeks of summer left, I sighed and went into my bathroom and began to brush my teeth considering it was only 7:30 pm I figured I could also do a face mask

I walked over to my radio turning it on and turning the volume dial low enough to not bother anybody, but high enough to hear and still enjoy it. I grabbed a sheet mask from one of my drawers and put it in my face

The cold feeling gave me goosebumps i sat down on a stool in bathroom and began to think, thinking of school, my family, my friends, Bruce.

What was I even doing, I mean do I hate him or not, I know I did 7 hours ago so why the sudden change? it was unsettling it made me feel confused, something I didn't often feel.

In that moment a part of me wished me and Bruce were maybe more friendly towards each other I mean I did see him often, mowing his yard, taking out the trash, getting home from one of his baseball games.

Plus our friends were friends, and I'd see him around town in general based off of it being one of the smallest towns in Colorado. so it really would be beneficial if we were more friendly.

It had been 10 minutes since I put on the sheet mask, I got up from the stool and threw away the mask and massaging the residue into my face "Boom I look 13 again"

I rinsed my hands off and climbed into bed grabbing a book off of my nightstand and reading it till I drifted into a comforting state of sleep.

~A/N~
this took me forever 😭😭 and i havent proofread so if it's ass that's why it's kinda short but wtvv i'll try and make the next one longer VOTE PLSSS 👍👍🙂 (i just proofread it so if u get a notif that's why 😭

His Girl. 💐| a Bruce Yamada storyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara