chapter 3

"Bye mom bye dad I'll be at the mall!" I heard them both say bye in unison and I headed into the garage grabbing my bike, I didn't often ride my bike but when I did it was relaxing.

As I left the driveway and biked to the nearest mall which was 30 god damn minutes away I saw Bruce and his parents pulling into their driveway, I waved to be polite, and Bruce waved back as his parents just gave me a light smile.

Did I really wave to be polite? Maybe I waved because I wanted Bruce to see me? I pushed that thought out of my mind as I peddled and peddled, 15 minutes had gone by and I was halfway there and boy were my legs sore!

Major props to our paperboy Billy. I saw a family of ducks on the way and it made me really want a pet duck even though my mom and dad would never agree.

I sighed as I was now only 10 minutes away, my mom and dad gave me $60 each so in the end I got more than $100, oh and they said I could keep the change! I could finally see the mall parking lot after a rough 35 minutes.

The extra 5 were because of the family of ducks, I grabbed my bike lock and chained my bike to the bike stand so y'know nobody would steal it. I walked into the mall that was full of people all over the place.

The first store I went into was the GAP and I grabbed a few basic tees and one with The Beatles on it. I payed $15.87at the GAP and I made my way to the next store, Macys!

I saw a pair of flare jeans and grabbed those and another straight legged pair and made my way to the fitting room. I didn't like the fit of the straight legged ones, but the flare ones looked perfect so I took them off and went to pay.

I spent $12.99 on the jeans and began walking to Sears, i found a cute dress I could wear on special occasions and i also found a pair of bootcut jeans and grabbed those i didn't feel the need to try them on because Sears always fit me perfectly.

I payed about $40.00 I then walked into the footlocker and bought one pair of vans eras in the color black and the other pair in the color beige. I only payed $23.89, so in the end I had 27.25 to spend on food.

I walked to the food court and spotted a subway and ordered a plain chicken sandwich with melted shredded cheese and lettuce on white bread. And I basically devoured it.

I realized that I had 4 shopping bags FULL of stuff so I called my house with a pay phone I found outside, "hello whose this?" I recognized it as my moms voice, "hi mami it's Jackie uhm I have 4 bags worth of things and I kind of need a ride."

Laughing nervously I waited for my moms response, " Aye Jackie okay mija, your dad will be there in 10 minutes." I sighed in relief "Ok mani thanks I'll see you later love you!" " I love you too bye bye."

I decided to sit on a bench outside the mall by the entrance so my dad would be able to spot me. I sat down on the wooden bench in the shade waiting for my dad when I saw a couple kids from school.

A couple of heys and his were exchanged nothing major, i wasn't really popular I had like 3 friends I just knew of a lot of people. After about 12 minutes of waiting I saw my dad and I got up and began walking to his truck.

"Hey dad!" I said as I approached him, "Hi Mijita you need any help with all those bags?" He said chuckling. "No thanks I got it!" I put all the things in the bed of the truck and got in.

"Sorry for making you drive over here you probably still had to pack." I said feeling some guilt, "don't be! Your mom and I finished packing quicker than we thought we would, so are you happy with all you got?"

He asked curiously "no u actually grabbed all the things I thought were ugly!" I said with humorous intent "good maybe it'll shoo the boys away! Your to young to date!" There goes my dad always turning something into a lesson.

"Ughhhh can we maybe not have a boyfriend talk right now?" I said feeling slightly annoyed "also! I'm a freshmen I think it's safe to say I can date now!"
My dad looked taken aback "says who young lady?"

"Says me." I smiled "well as long as you happy" my dad responded lightly smiling, Today really was a good day and I'm thankful it all went the way it did.

~A/N~ AHHHHHHH OMFG I FINALLY FINISHED ITS 1 20 AM AND I WAS DETIRMJNED TO GET THIS DONE I REWROTE THIS CHAOTER LIKE 4 TIMES 😭😭 (((((Pls vote)))))!!!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️