PLOTTING

MAHARAJ ARUN

"He sent all our people back to us except his current minister Vinay." Devant said still fluming at the blunt disrespect by Ayudhik. He only kept Vinay not a surprise though. After all he was the one selected by Alekhya the same with Sumraj but what they don't know was that Sumraj was in our faction from starting. "What are the news from Sumraj ?" I asked Vijay who is watching the entire commotion from sidelines along with Karan. Both furiously supported Alekhya but I can't get rid of them can I. I don't have any problem with Alekhya but my main problem rests with the fact that Bhramagiri and Hind Kush is still watching me like a hawk. A single slip up that I know of their intentions will make me and Chandrakala end in our graves without a moments notice.

But interference or not lack of any knowledge on where Ayudhik was till now still raise red flags to me. I don't want him to be secretly in the camp of our enemies that will be fatal blow to us after all this years of careful planning and plotting. "Ayudhik had changed all our people but one peculiar thing. Some newcomers are given important posts like military and finance. Further more he has replaced all his gaurds with new people who we have no idea of. Lekhya is acting as his assistant at present." He said and frowned. "Do those people belong with Yurani Alekhya ?" I asked not knowing about the entire secret forces my daughter had maintained. "No." Karan responsed suprisingly.

"All of her allies are either in Alwar or in Devgiri. Except Vinay ji I don't think any of them are in Suryagadh." He explained. "But there is a important intel Maharaj. Garudesh is pinning after Suryagadh." He completed as I leaned back pondering over the situation. Whether to help him or not. I decided on later. "We are not helping them." I said with finality as Karan looked at me with hints of hater. I won't blame him the image I had made infront of people is what I should blame. "But Maharaj." He started to say but I raised my hand to stop him. "Privacy." I said as he gulped back the anger in his throat and left the room first hot on his heels. I signed and rubbed my forehead as Chandrakala came inside.

"Still no news on Vijay Sena ?" I asked her in hopes of a answer. "No." She said as she slumped on the chair nursing a glass of throat burning alcohol. Who ever is the leader of Vijay Sena he or she is damned good in their jobs. Even after trailing after them nearly for five years both me and Bhadrangini had not gotten a single damned clue or even a single hint on their location. God bless that person only if my own son was like them. He can't even see through my intentions. I don't know whether to be happy or mad that he still hadn't identified Sumraj as a spy but when he will do it will be a hell to pay. "Ayudhik wrote to you ?" Chandrakala stated which came more like a question as she opened the letter without even asking.

Old Man,

If I even again found another of your lapdogs running around me or anywhere in entire Suryagadh, mendling in my or our business I will surely send a lantern made up of their guts as a present.

Your Crown Princess's brother
Ayudhik Kumar

Chandrakala chocked on the alcohol and began to cough badly. I can understand her. When I first read it. I read it again thrice and then it took entire pahar to digest the fact that threat to me. He might look innocent at first sight but hell I am going to take that threat lightly. Another reason I have to investigate him. "Can you send your scouts to Suryagadh ?" She nodded as she drank the entire glass in one gulp.

LAVANYA RAJPUT

I banged my hand on my head as I saw the ledgers and ledgers mounting on His Majesty's table. I can't even see his chair from his side. It is only third day of the entire week festival and the work to do will become impossible if we waited for another four days. I signed as I began to segregate them. Maharaj have absolutely no problem in completing his entire workload within a day it is the military department and especially martial general Sumraj I must worry about. He is always late to submit his work. Maharaj won't say a thing to me but due to him the work at finance and accounting departments are delaying. I took the ledgers which should be given to military department and went out of the royal secretariat.