9

i watched as his chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm, replacing the damp towel on his forehead with a fresh one.

gojo and the others had come to visit him but left soon after i told them i would watch over him.

i sat on the floor next to his bed, my head leaning on his side and his hand in mine. "wake up dammit."

he had been out for approximately a day. a private doctor came and administered him some medicine to help with the fever but his body only rejected it. the doctor said yuuji wasn't sick so he wasn't sure what was wrong with him.

we couldn't bring him to the doctor at the school because they would have surely killed yuuji knowing it had something to do with sukuna that placed him there.

i still don't know what that was about.

the last thing he said to me was sukuna and fuck if i knew what that meant.

God, i felt like a bad friend. he was probably suffering with sukuna inside him and i was too busy getting finger fucked by the same bloody curse to even notice.

a tear escaped the corner of my eye and i quickly wiped it, sitting up.

at least he's alive. he is strong so i know that he'll make it.

he has to. he just has to.

somehow i fell asleep beside his bed and by the time i got up it was night. i looked to yuuji's sleeping body and was surprisingly met with crimson eyes staring back at me.

"yuuji?" i squealed, happy to see that he was awake.

"not him."

the voice was deeper, smoother even.

"sukuna." i murmured, sulking a bit that it wasn't yuuji. "where is yuuji?"

sukuna squinted at me before looking away, his body not moving. "he's alive."

thank god.

it was weird to see sukuna without the tattoos and just in yuuji's normal body but i didn't question it, they'd talk about how they was possible afterwards.

"what happened?" i asked after a while, squeezing his hand after feeling how cold it felt.

sukuna looked back to me and smirked, as if he weren't on his death bed. if yuuji died, part of him died as well. "you'll know when he wakes up."

that was the last thing he said to me before his eyes shut down again.

-----

it's been hours and yuuji still isn't awake.

the doctor came back again but he still had nothing to diagnose yuuji so he left once again.

nobara came and left soup in case he woke up and megumi replaced the towel on yuuji's head so his fever wouldn't get higher.

i stayed by his side even as they came and went, tired beyond relief.

what sukuna said still plagued mind and i didn't know what to do. he was so cryptic that it was hard to believe that same man made her feel things she has never had before.

this was so fucked up.

her best friend was in a coma and she was catching feelings for a curse that lived inside his body.

"what should i do?"

"maybe stop frowning."

i snapped my head up to the source and was utterly relieved to see the brown eyes i was used to.

"yuuji!" i yelled, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

it probably didn't hurt because he didn't make any indication and just hugged me back just as tightly.

i sniiffled, "i thought you were dead bastard."

"you can't escape me y/n." he murmured, a smile evident in his voice.

after a few minutes of just hugging, i pulled away first and he stared at me confused. "what's wrong?"

"what happened?" i asked, this time firmer than i had with sukuna.

i needed to know what had happened. he came to me so pale and fell in my arms that i thought he died.

he looked away sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "if i tell you, you won't believe me."

"try me."

"after the movie, i felt this strange feeling wash over me. i didn't like it so as soon as we got home, i collapsed on the bed. after a few minutes, my body began convulsing real bad. i think i passed out and ended up in sukuna's domain. he said something i couldn't hear for a time but i was sure he said "i want out of your body now brat, she won't be able to handle both of us" in his normal scary voice. since my body was in so much pain, he healed them surprisingly. i healed quick but it was much more painful. that's when he released be from his domain. i thought i was gonna die yknow? so i found my way to you." he explained, not stopping for me to make any commentary.

sukuna was going to leave itadori's body? but why? who was she? was she me?

this made no sense. if that was it then why didn't sukuna tell me?

how did he gain control over yuuji's body during his coma but not with the black markings?

"now now y/n, it's not good for my slut to worry so much."

lo and behold, there was sukuna standing in the doorway in he flesh.

2 arms, 2 legs, 2 eyes and his body filled with black markings.

he flashed me a smirk before moving closer, an evil malicious intent in his eyes.

what the fuck?