ii. common room convos

Pandora P

Pandora P.O.V. 

After Dumbledore's boring speech ended we were finally allowed to eat. I put some chicken and Caesar salad on my plate and I turned to talk to my brother who was sitting on my side but he was already laughing with Sirius who was in front of us. 

I turned to Lily who was on the other side of me but she was already giggling at something James had said. I roll my eyes in annoyance and result to talking to my blonde friend, Marlene who was sitting in front of me.

Not long after we engaged in a conversation on new dress designs she had seen in Paris she had seen during the summer. 

Before we knew it dinner was over and we were ushered to our common rooms. Remus and Sirius were walking along with James and Lily while joking around. Behind them was Mary and Dorcas most probably talking about the mouthwatering desserts. Lastly, Marlene and I followed behind last. 

The new password was 'cheesecake' and after muttering it to the portrait we walked in. Most of the younger years ushered to their dorms while we sat down on the couches. 

After realizing that we had to unpack we left for our dorms with the promise that we would meet again down in the common room in an hour or so. 

The girls and I lock arms and start climbing the stairs to the Gryffindor, 6th Year, Girl Dorms. 

We stop infront of our assigned dorm and open the door. Stepping inside we find our trunks neatly placed on the foots of a bed. We have been sleeping in the same order for the last 6 years so the school has learned were to place our trunks. 

The placement went Lily --> Dorcas--> Mary --> Marlene --> Pandora

After unpacking our things, making our beds, taking showers and changing into more comfortable clothes we head for the common room. 

The boys were already waiting for us sprawled across couches, loveseats and the floor. 

Remus was laying upside down on the couch with his feet hanging off of the back of the couch while reading a book and Sirius head on his stomach. 

James was standing behind the couch trying to annoy Remus by playing with his feet. That resulted to a string of curses to be shot at him. 

Peter was sitting in an armchair, eyes closed and he took in steady, deep breaths. Everyone looked so at ... home.

I go to my brother, kiss his cheek and ruffle Sirius's hair. After messing a little bit with James's glasses and stealing some of Peter's candy I went back to my brother. 

I pushed Sirius off the couch and he landed on the floor with a large thumb. "WHAT THE FUCK MINI LUPIN?" he grumbles. 

"I want to sit with my brother and you were being an obstacle so I pushed you off" I said and shot him an innocent smile. I lay on the couch, where Sirius was previously, my head on Moony's stomach.