Chapter 26 It Hurts

Cassandra's pov

Yesterday after dinner I went to study for a test that was due today, and I ended up awake all night, I hardly had 2 hours of sleep in the morning today. I woke up and got ready for my college. I had pancake for breakfast and Vincent was also present there but he didn't give a damm about me, me being stubborn I don't wish him but ignored him as he was giving me cold treatment.

(Cassandra's outfit)The test went very badly, I could hardly concentrate on anything with Vincent messing my head, after the test, as I had taken up an internship in a private hospital, I had to rush there

The test went very badly, I could hardly concentrate on anything with Vincent messing my head, after the test, as I had taken up an internship in a private hospital, I had to rush there. I was late by half an hour. After I checked in I got a handful of scolding from my mentor. He was in his 50s and he thinks I reached the top because I came from an influential background, moreover, I am Cassandra Lorenzo.

My mentor's name is Sean Huggs, he had 3 daughters and none of them are doctors so he never misses a chance to taunt me saying I took away their opportunity by throwing my money. Come on man, he himself is a doctor who can earn rich and pay for his kids but I never took Dad's or Vincent's money to reach where I am, it's my hard work that led to this stage.

Today I was helping him mentor with a few heart patients, I had to take a few check-ups and prescribe some medicines which he would monitor. In Mr. Hugg's team, there were 4 students including me. He loved 2 of them because they come from a poor background and made it big. The other student Rose Macoy was from an influential family so he loathed her like me.

It was 6 pm currently and I was packing up things so I can go back home when Rose Macoy came to me "Cassandra I was hoping, if you can join me today since I am going to a new pub that opened recently, I would also like you to meet my boyfriend, if you want you can also bring your husband. It's a nice pub with all influential people only."

"Sorry Rose I am busy this week, I have papers to submit."

"Cassandra one night is all I ask, I promise it will be a fun night, pretty please." She says with puppy eyes which I am unable to say no to. "Fine I will come Rose but I doubt my husband will be up for it. However, I can get my friends if would like."

"Ohh sure Cassandra get as many as you like."

Thus I ended up in a green dress with my hair bouncing over my shoulders. I had minimal makeup on it. I asked Avery and Cole to come over but they told me they have an event to cover, so I thought of dropping the plans to go out but at the same time Nick came home and he tagged along with me. It was a great night and I could forget all about Hazel and Vincent. It was only until I reached home.

 It was only until I reached home