Chapter 40 Confrontation

Cassandra's pov

I was in deep sleep when the door bangs open and I hear some movements on the bed but I was lazy to open my eyes but I hear some crashing sound and a voice that booms the entire room "How dare you? How can you fuckingly do that to my sisters? What has she ever done to you?"

I wake up to see Aiden, what on earth is he doing here, he was on a business trip and was supposed to come 2 weeks later but now he is currently pinning Vincent to the wall. Also, Vincent's lip has a cut.

"Fuckingly speak idiot, the day I handed her to you, I asked you to keep her safe and sound, but I guess I forgot to ask you to keep her happy."

"I understand Aiden but listen to me, it was.." Vincent was cut off when my brother shouts again "What was it? You let people show their fingers towards her character but never defend her in those matters and on top of that you have the audacity to fuck another girl now."

"Aiden it's not any girl" Vincent says but is throw a punch in his guts, Aiden "You fucker, you can again defend your one night stand but not my sister, can you? I should have known Vincent, I should have known you can never be perfect for her, you are that lethal love of her life, who can destroy her in seconds with a snap of your finger."

I get up from the bed and adjust my shirt before I shout "Aiden enough. What is going on here?"

He loosens his grip on Vincent and turns to face me and looks shocked to see me. "Cassandra, you are here... I mean with him? He blurts out.

"What do you even mean by that? Just leave him Aiden, what are you doing?" I say as a tear drop falls from my eyes. "I...I was just.." he stops without knowing how to answer me further.

"I am sorry Cassandra I didn't see you on the bed with him since you had your face on the other side of the bed" he says as he avoids my eyes.

"That fuckingly does not answer my question does it Aiden" I say with a lump in my throat.

"Cassandra it's nothing, we were having a man-to-man talk, it's fine" Vincent tells but I shake my head for a NO and say "Stop lying Vincent, I heard him."

"Cassie, I said it's nothing baby, it was a mere mistake, we will sought it out, don't worry" he assures me and I say "By getting punches? Or getting kicked in the guts?"

Aiden takes a long breath and says "I am sorry Cassandra you had to witness this but he deserved it, I am sorry that I hurt your husband but I am not sorry for hurting this fucker of my friend for hurting my baby sister."

"Aiden it's fine, we will stop by your house before we both go home, don't worry we will have a man-to-man talk and solve this, just don't stress yourself over this and let Cassandra be out of this" Vincent tells and Aiden nods giving him a hard glare and moves out with shutting the door.

I contemplate whether to help him or not, I move and stand a meter from him and try to take his face in my hand but I am scared, what if he lashes at me? What if he rejects me, what if last night was a lie? I lower my hand and look at him.

He is standing there, with his eyes closed, wincing a bit in pain. As soon as he opens his eyes, he looks at me and says "Don't worry Cassandra, it's nothing major, it will go away, more like I deserved it."

"I am sorry Vincent, it's my fault that you are in pain" I say as my sobs break. He comes and wraps his hands around my waist "Hey silly stop crying it's fine, it was a mistake, as I told we will sought it out, don't cry."

"How do I make you feel better?" I say as I look into those brown orbs. He gets his face closer to mine, our noses almost touching and says "Kiss the life out me, baby, maybe your kisses are my salvation" With that said he kisses me and starts to do wonders to my senses.