Chapter 46 Ice-Cream

Cassandra's POV

I realise I am falling for Vincent once again, but what is the price that I have to pay for this, will he ever be mine? What if he is still struck at Hazel? There are many what-if questions for which I don't have any answers.

I am scared for the day when he comes to me with divorce papers in hand. For now, our relationship looks stable but until when? Will he throw that ice bucket water at me and shatter me? The only difficulty now is no one is there to help me pick up my pieces, he made sure of that.

I set aside this thought for a while now, I had to pick out a dress for Aiden's wedding which was with Izzy in the next four days. I was preparing lunch, as Vincent was coming to pick me up for shopping. I made Chicken wraps, set it on the table and went to get ready. I chose a floral top and matched it with a plain white skirt. I did minimal makeup, straightened my hair and wore heels.

 I did minimal makeup, straightened my hair and wore heels

As I marched down the stairs I saw Vincent at the table already, he was dressed in a cream-coloured suit, with a blue shirt

As I marched down the stairs I saw Vincent at the table already, he was dressed in a cream-coloured suit, with a blue shirt. He was scrolling through his phone and when he saw me, he stood up and came to give me a kiss, which I returned. "Looking cute Amore" he complimented, for which I gave a smile and we both settled down.

Both of us had lunch as he talked about some random incident in the office and how Aiden asked him to be his best man. He was actually super excited about the ordeal more than me, as I was never happy with Aiden's choice of Izzy. I listened to him ramble on on until we finished our lunch.

Later we went to the mall and did some shopping, he paid for all. Mostly he selected my dress and helped with other things, he was tired after a while and started to whine. So I gave up and he took me to a movie, it was a horror movie and half the time I was attached to his body.

He was continuously holding my hand, whenever there was a jump-scary scene, he would close my eyes with his palms and pull me closer if even that's possible with the chair handle in between us. Halftime into the movie at intermission I walk out and he follows me.

"Baby popcorn? Or anything else" he asks and I glare at him and say "Home"

He chuckles and says "Sure why not? I am your home aren't I?"