Jealous

~ Eleven POV ~

Max and Robin were up in my room for a long time. So I decided to get them. Since we wanted to do something together. I Left the boys behind in the living room as I made my way upstairs. My door was closed. I tilt my head as I walk up to the door. I keep listening at the door for a little while, but couldn't really hear anything. I opened the door to find Robin and Max quickly adjusting in their position. Max her face slightly red. I felt a punch in my heart, like someone had squeezed it too tight. "El- Hi! We uh- were just done here." Max rambles as she quickly got up. "What were you two doing?" I ask softly. "Oh she was just showing me her skateboard." Robin smiles as she looks at Max and back at me. "For 20 minutes?" I ask again. "Yeah, had a lot to catch up on too." Max replies a little nervously. I frown gently. "You've only been here for a couple of days." "We'll be coming downstairs right now with you. Right Max?" Robin looks at Max ignoring the question. "Right! Let's go." Max smiles they both quickly got up and go downstairs. Leaving me in my room. I squint my eyes softly. Why do I feel this not so fun feeling inside. Am I- jealous? No don't be stupid. They are just friends. Then why were they so close to eachother? I quickly shake my head to wipe the thoughts out of my head. It's probably nothing. I should join them downstairs.

Once I join them downstairs I walked up to Max. "So what should we do? Any ideas?" I smile softly. "Well Me and Robin had this idea to go to the arcade with all of us later in the afternoon." Max smiles as she meets my eyes. There it was. That feeling again. I quickly repress it. "Hell yeah sounds fun!" Steve cheers as the other boys agree. "But first we need to eat. We can't play on a empty stomach." Robin states. Max agrees, as do the boys. "I say me and Max go out to the store and buy some food for us. You guys stay here and pack a bag, then we can have a nice picknick once we get back." Robin nods. I walk up to Max as I softly smile at her. "Can I come with you?" I ask as she never meets my eyes. "No sorry El we need you here, alright? The boys are shit at packing for a picknick. You're the only sensible person here." Max explains. There it is again. That feeling. Sadness washes over me as I really wanted to be with Max. "Okay." I sigh softly. "We will be back soon okay? Promise." Max smiles softly. I nod in response. "But I have a car, and why don't you girls stay at home and-" Before steve could finish Robin interrupts him. "Because me and Max called dibs. And if you take the boys out shopping, you'll only come back with fast food so no thank you." Robin argues. They really wanted to be alone together. But why? And why does it effect me so much? Steve looks at Robin. "No argument there." He shrugs with a laugh. "Me and Max will be back soon okay? Don't try to burn down the house and listen to El for packing things okay?!" Robin waves as she pulls Max along. "Will be back soon, okay El?" Max smiles softly. I nod. "Okay." I respond softly. They walk out the door as they leave me alone with the boys at home. I sigh softly, but try to quickly change my mindset. I'll show them that I am the best picknick planner. I turn to the boys who looked at me frightened by the passion in my eyes for this simple task. "Let's get to work." I say as I give everyone a task to do as I pack the picknick basket and bags with Will.

We finished packing a while ago, but Max and Robin were still no were to be seen. I went upstairs to my room as the boys were too busy playing a game downstairs. I held the door open three inches as I was pacing around the room. Thinking. Worrying. Suddenly an idea came to mind. Was is really a good idea? No, but I couldn't handle this feeling anymore. I grab a bandanna out of my drawer as I put on the static radio noise of my little radio on my desk. I wrap the bandanna around my eyes as I made sure it stayed there. I closed my eyes and focused on the static radio sound and on finding Max.

There I was again surrounded by the darkness of the black void. It felt strange to be back after a while that I lost my powers. I focused on the sound I heard coming from behind me. I turn around as I saw Max and Robin there. I believe they were just walking out the store since they had bags in their hands. I walk closer to them as I couldn't hear what they were talking about. "What do you want to say?" Robin asks Max as they walk with the bags in their hands. "I want to say: The moment I met you, I couldn't keep my eyes off of you." Max says as she looks at the ground. My heart dropped as I look at Max. "I've had this huge crush on you since then, but didn't want to admit it." She continues. A sadness washes over me as I felt tears fill my eyes. "The only person who makes me feel at home and safe is you and I want to be with you. " She continues as she kept looking at the ground. Tears stream down my face. "Max-" I softly snif as I look at her and Robin with the black void behind them. Suddenly she stopped talking as she lifts her head up and looks straight at me. "El?" She suddenly asks confused as she looks around her. I quickly throw the bandana off my head as I snap back to reality. Out of breath and with tears in my eyes I turn off the radio as I let myself fall on the bed. I wipe my bloody nose with my sleeve. Did she really mean that? Did she like Robin?! But she kissed me and said she liked me. I grab the wonder woman shirt I had thrown on my bed earlier as I hug it tight. "Please don't let this be true." I whisper into the shirt.

A while later I had joined the boys since I was sure they would be home soon. I got myself together as I was going to try and ignore what I just heard. But I knew it was going to be impossible when I saw them together. The door opened as they both walk through the door with bags in their hand. "We are back! And we got the goods. " Robin cheers. "That took you long enough, I'm starving." Steve groans. "Yeah, we are dying over here." Mike groans too. "Don't be such babies. We needed it to be perfect. Did you guys put everything in the car already?" Robin asks. Steve nods. "Great. Steve help me get this food in the car then we can go soon." Robin replies as Max gives the bags to Steve. "Aye aye captain." Steve jokes as he follows Robin. "We aren't working in scoops ahoy anymore you doofus." Robin chuckles as they walk to the car. Max walks up to me as I was looking at the boys. "Hey I'm back. We even brought you some eggos." Max smiles sweetly. I look at her, but not in her eyes. I couldn't. "Thanks." I shortly say. "Is something wrong? You wanted something else? I also brought strawberries." Max continues as she kept her eyes on me. "No, that's fine. I like it both." I reply shortly. "Okay- good." Max says slightly disappointed. "I thought I heard you or saw you just now. When I was walking with Robin. It was strange." She explains as she still looks at me. I nod my head. "Weird. I was here the whole time, So." I shrug softly. She looks at me with worried eyes. "You sure you're okay? You seem a bit off." Max asks a little worried. "I'm fine Max. Just tired. " I reply as look at her shortly. "Let's join the others. I'm getting hungry." I simply say as I join the boys.

We drive up to this park as I sit next to Max. We are kind of cramped in since we were with too many people. So she sat against me. I couldn't help but blush. Her fingers slowly brush the side of my leg as she looks at her fingers. Knowing what she was doing. I felt heat rush through my body as I quickly shake it off and look out the window. I couldn't forget what she said to Robin. Something was going on between them, but I wasn't sure what.

We arrive at the park as it was a beautiful sunny day outside. We grab all the stuff out of the car and pick a spot near the pond. We put down two huge blankets and some pillows I had packed. We used paper plates and cups as that was the easiest to use and to clean up. "Nice set up El. " Max smiles. I look at her as I gave a weak smile. "Thanks Max." I smiles in responds. I sat opposite of her as she sat next to Robin. Robin whispers something in Max her ear as Max nods with a smile. I squint my eyes as I feel the sadness wash over me again. "El, would you like some eggos with strawberries?" Max asks smiling. I quickly try to repress the sadness. I nod, since I was pretty hungry and it was my favorite food after all. "Yes please." I softly say as the boys were already digging in. "They aren't warm, but this will have to do." Max smiles as she hands me a plate with eggos and strawberries who were closely shaped like hearts. I look at her as she smiles. It's probably a coincidence. Strawberries look like that sometimes. "Thank you Max." I softly smile back as I dig in. It tasted so good. I look over at Max as she is stuffing a donut in her mouth. A little bit of the icing came off and was smudged on her lip. The urge of brushing my finger against her soft lips was big, but I didn't. "You have some icing on your lip." I point out as she looks at me. "Oh, thanks." Max smiles slightly as she wipes it away with a napkin. I look at Robin and back at Max. Did she really like Robin like that? After she said to me that she liked me. After we kissed. I needed to talk to Max once we got back from the arcade, because it felt like my heart was being stabbed.

// AN: oh no- the drama! Hope you like the story so far!