Mom

~ Max POV ~

I boarded the plane a while ago. I had my backpack and skateboard packed away above my seat as I took out my cassette player and headphones before I packed them away. I had put El her tape in and was going to listen to it on the flight home, but I couldn't promise myself that I wouldn't cry. I told myself I was going to play it, when I was in the air.

The plane was delayed, I was already supposed to be flying, but that was an hour ago. I nervously tap my foot on the ground as times passes. I had to be home before 4. If this plane wasn't going to fly soon, I'd be late. It'll be fine, right? How much can happen when I'm not there for a few minutes?

Okay I lied- a few minutes became an hour. The plane took another HOUR to get into the air because of a storm. We were flying now at least. I tried to relax and tell myself everything was going to be fine. Although I knew that wasn't true. I'm sure when I get back home, I'll be yelled at about something I did or didn't do. Or she'll throw a bottle at me, like last time. I told her she shouldn't have been drinking so much, she responded by throwing that empty bottle at me. I dodged it. Luckily. With my great reflexes. The bottle shattered behind me. Causing shards of glass flying around the room. It didn't hurt anyone, physically. But mentally is hurt me like a bitch. She could have thrown that at my head.

I try to shake off the thought about my home situation and focus back on the tape. I hadn't clicked on play yet. I was scared. Of the pain and the hurt I'd feel of missing her already, of the reminders of the good times. When I'm here flying back to my shitty home, without her. I took a breath and clicked play. There was no music yet, I only heard some noises till I suddenly hear two voices.

El: "Is it on?"

Will: "Yes. It's recording."

El: "Where do I talk into?"

Will: " haha, in the microphone."

El: "Oh right. This thing, right?"

*tapping sound on microphone*

Will: "Yes, haha now go on."

El: *chuckles* "right, Hi Max, it's me, El, your girlfriend."

Will: "I think she knows It's you." *chuckles*

El: "Shush, anyway-. I wanted to say that I made this tape for you, with some of your favorite songs and some songs that reminds me of us and our memories together. I hope you listen to this whenever you miss me or whenever you want to feel loved. Because I do, love you, so much."

Will: "me too." *chuckles*

El: *chuckles* "yes, Will too, but I love you more. Like a lot more. Will doesn't even come close to how much I love you. You're my person. "

Will: "Okay, okay!" *chuckles* " Was that it? Can I press stop now?"

El: *giggles* "Yes, I hopes she likes it.-"

*end of recording*

Tears fill my eyes by hearing her voice. The innocence and sweet message filled my heart with joy and longing for her. It's been 2 hours since I've last seen her, but it felt like months. Control yourself Mayfield, you were not going to cry on a plane. Then the first song started playing-