Together again

~ Eleven POV ~

We have been working on the cabin all day and it was looking cozy and like home again. I did have a hard time being here, since I got reminded by the time I spend here with hopper. How he took me in and took care of me and protected me. But I tried not to let it impact me, since I wanted Max to feel at ease. I knew she couldn't be in her house right now, so this was the best solution. It was around dinner time as we all ate pizza together and told each-other how proud we were on what we did today. But Max noticed I felt off. She gently places her left hand on mine. "If you can't stay here, because of your memories, I understand." Max whispers as she looks at me. I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I just really miss him right now. But I want to do this for you. " I softly say as I softly brush my thumb over her hand, making sure I didn't touch any wounds. "I got you." She whispers as she looks at me. "And I got you." I reply back as I give her a weak smile.

Lucas his gaze was locked on us as he was staring at our hands intertwined together. "Why does he keep staring at us like that?" I softly ask Max as I meet her eyes. "Because he is jealous." she whispers back. "Jealous on who?" I ask confused. "Well at me of course." Max chuckles softly. I tilt my head in confusion. "Why?" I ask confused. "because, I have the best girlfriend in the world. That's why." She smiles softly. I noticed that Max began to lighten up a bit, which was good. That is all I wanted. "Impossible, since I already got the most amazing girlfriend in the world." I smile. Max looks down at her hands. "Well I'm not so sure about that one." Max mumbles as she wiggles her injured hands. "I killed people with these hands. So I think we are pretty even." I joke as that made her smile. It wasn't a joke, but it cheered her up so that is all that matters. I stare into her eyes which weres still a little watery from the crying she had been doing. But weirdly enough that made her eyes even prettier. They looked like deep pools of water, with those light blue eyes of hers. I could really drown in them if I would let myself go. I wanted to kiss her so bad.

"Get a room." Lucas jokes as he looks over at us. Although it sounded more like a jealous comment then a joke. Max frowns as I saw her sarcastic face expression appear on her face. This was going to be good. "Oh, last time I checked this was a room, but I could be wrong of course. " Max says sarcastically. I tried really hard not to laugh as I wanted to let go of her hand, but she held it even tighter. "It was just a joke." Lucas groans. "It's just that you two can't keep your hands of each other." he chuckles out of jealousy. "Dude, we are only holding hands. It's not like we are making out in front of you." Max replies with a frown. "And even if we did, Me and El are together and we are at home. So if you don't like it then don't look or just leave." Max states as she raises an eyebrow. There was the confident and sarcastic Max I know. I couldn't help but smile a little. The boys looked at Lucas and suggested him not to go into it, because they knew he would lose this argument from Max big time. I look at Max with a slight smirk. I was proud to be hers. She wasn't embarrassed of me. She was even proud to be with me and that made my heart warm. "I just need to get used to it okay? I just confessed that I still had feelings for you and to see this-" Lucas points over at us and our hands. "It hurts."He states. "Dude." Mike gives Lucas a soft push. "Yeah, not cool." Will agrees. Max already had so much shit she was going through and now he needed to add this to the list too. I wanted to open my mouth and say something, but before I could I felt Max squeeze into my hand, a sign for me that I didn't have to say anything. "Listen Lucas, I'm sorry that it hurts you to see me happy with some I really love. Which turns out to be a girl, from your party too. But I can't give you what you want. Either you can be happy for me and we can still hang out as friends, or we don't-" Max explains to Lucas in a stern voice. He nods as he sighs. "Sorry- That was low of me to say that. I am really happy for you Max- I am. For you too El. You are really lucky. I just need some time to get used to it." He explains. Max nods as she meets his eyes. "I hope you can adjust fast, because I'd like to kiss my girlfriend in front of my friends." Max jokes with a wink as a sign for Lucas to know that it as all good.

"Now if you will excuse us. Me and El are going to our room to make out. In privacy. Since I can't kiss her here. " Max winks as she pulls me along. Dustin whistles. Lucas his eyes widen as he looks away. "Calm down stalker, it was just a joke. I just need some alone time with El to talk about stuff." Max explains as Lucas his eyes relax again and he chuckles slightly. "And maybe make out a little." Max jokes as she quickly pulls me along to my old bedroom, leaving the boys with Steve and Eddie. They will probably talk about all things DND. "And don't come in! it doesn't mean that if the door is on 3 inches, that you can come in without knocking. " I shout out to them before I put the door on 3 inches. Max chuckles.

I put on the old record player in my room so there was some music playing in the background. Max sat down on the bed as I sat down next to her. "Where did you want to talk about? Are you okay?" I ask as I meet her eyes. "I just wanted to get away from all those eyes and mostly from Lucas. He was being too much." Max hufs as she lets herself fall backwards onto the bed. I look at her as I lay my hand on her leg. "I'm sorry that he is being so-" I softly say as I couldn't find the right word I was looking for. "For being so- Lucas. He's always like this. He is just to much." Max chuckles. "Yeah I get that. I don't really like how he is acting." I admit. "I'm with you on that one." Max agrees as she lays her hand on mine that was resting on her leg. "I really missed you, you know that? For that one day. " Max softly says with a slight chuckle as she brushes my arm with her bruised fingers. "I missed you so much too, you have no idea." I admit as I meet her eyes. Her fingers softly brushing the skin of my arm. "What did you miss about me?" Max asks with a slight smile as she sat up a bit, genuinely curious. "Your smile." I began as I look at her. "Well that is a little hard to find at the moment." Max admits. "But I'm here to guide it back." I smile. She smiles too by seeing my smile. "See, it's already working." I smirk as I playfully nudge her. As I sat down next to her but closer. "Shucks, what else?" She asks with a smirk on her face. "Your beautiful eyes, face, body. And your very kissable lips." I continue as I look at her lips and back at her eyes. "hmm, I do have very kissable lips, don't I?" Max smirks as she looks at my lips and back up in my eyes. I nod. "Very." I smile. "Then if you missed them so much, why don't you do something about it." She whispers as she came a little closer. I smirk as I lick my lips. I cup her face gently as I gently pull her face towards mine. Pressing my lips on hers. Kissing her soft lips passionately. "Kissable are they?" Max whispers against my lips with a soft chuckle. "Shut up." I chuckle softly as I pull her back into a kiss.

We heard footsteps at the door as I slowly pull back. "We can hear you. Stalker, if that's you I swear to god-" Max calls out as she focuses on the door. "Lucas- don't come in." I state as I focus on the door now as well. The door slowly opens as it wasn't Lucas who came through the door. My eyes widen as I stare at the figure who stood in the door opening. Tear instantly filled my eyes as I couldn't believe what I saw.

"Hey kid."

//AN: Cliffhanger! Hope you liked this chapter. What do you want to happen next? Let me know! ALSO question for all my Elmax stans. Which song would you choose to describe Their relationship? I'm curious! <3