Chapter Four

Chapter Four
Unlikely Friendship

(Nobody's Pov!)

"Are you sure about this?" Mackenzie asked, as Philip opened the car door for her. "Of course. It'll be the only way you can interview me without Hannah barging in." Philip spoke, hoping into his car.

"This is a nice car."  Mackenzie said, admiring it. Philip smirked and put a hand on the steering wheel.

"I love when a pretty lady admires my car." Philip said, with confident clear by his tone. Mackenzie giggled and shook her head.

"Very Smooth Mr. Barston." Mackenzie said, a small blush appearing on her face.

"You know you can just call me Philip. I don't care that much about titles or professionalism." Philip said, driving down the street.

"Where are we going?" Mackenzie asked, causing Philip to smirk. "To a couple of my favorite places." He answered. Mackenzie shrugged and stared out at the street.

.

.

.

They arrived at the first place. Philip parked his car and opened his door. "Hey, don't open that door." Philip said, walking around to the other side of the car. He opened the door and allowed Mackenzie to step out.

"A gentleman, hm?" Mackenzie said, with a smile as she stepped out of the car. "A pet store?" Mackenzie asked, raising an eyebrow curiously.

"Heh, don't judge me. This isn't just any pet store. It's the best one in town." Philip said, walking towards the door. He opened the door to the store and allowed Mackenzie to walk in. She walked in and gasped.

"There's a puppy play pen!" She gasped. "Yep, that's why it's the best. The owner of the pet store lets people get into the pen and play with the puppies. It gives people the chance to get to know the puppies before choosing to adopt one." Philip said, climbing on the pen. He held out his hand and Mackenzie grabbed it. He helped her step over and immediately all the puppies charged forwards towards their feet.

Mackenzie giggled and kneeled down, getting tackled by all the puppies. Philip chuckled and sat on the floor, also getting swarmed by puppies. He smiled as the puppies licked him and jumped on him. He gently pet them and looked over, smiling as Mackenzie fell backwards, the puppies crowding around her face.

"No! Stop!" She gasped, giggling as she lifted the puppies off her face. "Aww! Your adorable!" Mackenzie gasped, staring at the German shepherd puppy. She lifted him up and smiled as the squirmed in her hands. He barked and attempted to lick her in the face. His tail wagged back and forth at an intense speed while she held him. She cuddled him to her chest and smiled as the puppy snuggled up to her.

"I love him!" Mackenzie said, causing Philip to smile. "Really? I'll get him for you." Philip said, standing up. "What? I can't accept that! He's expensive! Puppies are so expensive now!" Mackenzie said, absolutely flustered. She stumbled over her words trying to think of an excuse, but that little German Shepherd puppy in her arms was coming home with them.

"How much is this little guy?" Philip asked, leaning causally against the counter. The old woman smiled and pointed to the price tag on the little guys collar.

"He's $1,000. I'm sorry he's expensive, but we want to make sure people are serious about adopting a puppy." The lady spoke. "I'll take him." Philip spoke, giving her his card.

"Philip! This is way to much!" Mackenzie said, her eyes wide. She held the puppy close as Philip paid for him.

"Don't worry about anything. I've got it covered." Philip said, as the woman smiled. "Let's go get something to eat. I'm starving!" Philip said, walking out of the store, holding the door for Mackenzie as they walked out.