Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen
Love Makes You Crazy

(Nobody's Pov!)

     Mackenzie collapsed onto the couch after a long day of walking around her new neighborhood. She needed a distraction, but she couldn't seem to think of anything, but Philip. How could he throw her away so easily. She thought he needed her. They spent so much time together... they had been through so much together. Was it all a lie?

     King barked happily at Mackenzie's arrival. "Hi." She said, looking over at him. She rubbed his head for a minute making him wag his tail violently.

"Do you miss him like I miss him?" She asked, staring down at the happy dog. King didn't understand. He just wanted more attention, but he did notice her mood. He wanted her to be happy!

"I just want to drink." She muttered, slamming down another disgusting tasting beer. "Philip couldn't have stocked my house with wine? Or whiskey? Or something." Mackenzie said, looking down at the cheap can of beer. It's all she could afford right now, so it was the best thing to get while she was on her walk.

She was still working on writing stories and publishing them. The job that William got her was perfect, but something was still missing. How could she write a single book when she was this sad? She couldn't find the motivation to pick up her pen or even open her laptop and write. She was truly broken on her own.

There was something that was still lingering in the back of her mind. It haunted her dreams and completely haunted her day. Why was Philip's Company losing so much money? What was happening? After all Mackenzie had been helping Philip with his work. Nobody would know the information besides them. How could money be disappearing?

"It's bothering me to bad. You know what. Fuck it. I'm going to keep investigating and I'll find out what happened." Mackenzie spoke to no one in particular. King perked his ears up at her sudden angry tone. He whined and gently rubbed his head on her arm.

"Don't worry buddy." Mackenzie spoke, gently stroking his head. She rubbed behind his ear making his tail wag intensely. She smiled at her loyal companion for a moment before a loud crash pulled her from her thoughts.

King growled lowly and stared at the front door. Mackenzie slowly stood up and walked towards the door. She headed towards the peephole, but suddenly the door banged loudly. She gasped quietly and stepped away from the door. King began barking loudly at the door. He was small, but he was mighty.

After a couple more kicks the door came crashing in. Mackenzie screamed in terror as her eyes met the very familiar ones. "Get away from me!" She screamed.

"I told you I'd find you bitch." Jack spoke, glaring at Mackenzie. "How'd you find me?!" Mackenzie asked, her heart racing in her chest. She clenched her fists, but she couldn't stop shaking. She wanted to look strong and powerful, but Jack could see her fear clear as day.

"I found someone who has the same hate for you. She helped me track you down... I'm going to do what she wants. She's more woman than you are." Jack chuckled taking a step towards Mackenzie. Mackenzie stepped backwards towards the kitchen. Jack charged towards Mackenzie suddenly causing King to jump to protect her. King bit roughly onto Jack's leg, his sharp teeth penetrating the skin. Jack screamed out loudly and Violently kicked king into the wall.

"King!" Mackenzie yelled, as she heard the soft whimpering come from her puppy. Her eyes narrowed and she rushed into the kitchen to grab a weapon. That's when she was suddenly tackled and shoved to the ground. She screamed loudly attempting to make her voice known to her neighbors.