Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten
Goodbye To You

(Nobody's Pov!)

    Philip sat up in his bed, stretching his arms. He was well rested, but his mind was still running wild. He was so conflicted. Should he marry Hannah and save the company or call the wedding off and risk losing everything his grandfather worked for.

     He slowly climbed out of bed and got a quick shower. He got dressed for the day and brushed his teeth before heading out into the halls. He adjusted the sleeves of his long sleeved black button up and walked into the hall.

       He headed straight for his grandfathers room. He visited his grandfather daily now. Philip didn't visit him as often before and now he truly regretted it. Philip just wanted to have fun and do whatever he wanted. He never cared about spending time with his family. He was selfish.

      As Philip entered his grandfathers room, he felt the guilt set in. He stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he opened the door. He eyed his weak grandfather for a moment before approaching his bedside.

"Hello, It's about time my beloved grandson visited." William joked, weakly smiling at Philip. "Hi, Gramps." Philip said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You look troubled, kid. What's wrong?" William asked, already noticing Philip's behavior. "How can you tell?" Philip asked, looking up at Philip.

"You're my favorite grandson. Of course I can tell when somethings bothering you." William said, with a smile.

"I've been thinking about Hannah. She's just awful. I don't want to marry her and I certainly wouldn't trust them as business partners." Philip spoke. "Also.. I... I'm in love with someone else." Philip muttered, embarrassment creeping up.

     William smiled widely, a warmth coming over his heart. Love was something he always wanted for Philip. Philip's childhood was filled with rage, hate, and pain, so he deserved love. He deserved to feel love and give love to someone.

     "That's my boy." William spoke, slowly reaching his hand to towards Philip. He patted Philip's head gently before resting his tired arm back down to his side.

"I thought you'd be furious with me." Philip muttered, staring in shock. William chuckled, a deep chuckle, right from the belly.

"All I've wanted was you to find love. I wanted to save the company, but that Hannah girl is awful. She's truly a spoiled brat. I hate speaking badly about a lady, but it's written clearly." William spoke.

"I wish the best for you in your journey of love. I can't tell you that it'll be easy or perfect, but it'll be your love. I'm sure Hannah and her family won't let you go that easy, but.. Try your best. Follow your heart. You're strong and you can overcome even the most difficult of challenges." William said, his chest aching. His body was full of aches and pains, but he couldn't stop just yet. Philip was still in need of guidance.

"Now tell me. Who has stolen my grandsons heart?" William asked, waiting for his grandsons answer.

    Philip paused for a moment, embarrassed to confess his feelings, but he couldn't hold it in either. "Mackenzie. I know.. She's only been here for a couple months, but I feel a connection with her that I've never felt with anyone." Philip said.

"Oh, she's definitely the one. I'm sure she'd be a lovely person to help you save the company. She's reliable and intelligent. She'll make a lovely wife and business partner." William said, chuckling. He had hoped that Philip would develop feelings for the sweet girl, but he wasn't sure that it would happen.