Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight
Grateful Man

(Nobody's Pov!)

"So her boss was the one speaking to her that way?" William asked, peacefully sitting on the couch across to Philip.

"Not just her boss. Also her Bitch ass ex boyfriend." Philip spoke, causing William to sigh. "Poor girl. She's so sweet. I suppose I could get her a job her and perhaps even make her a permanent resident in our manor." William spoke, causing Philip's eyes to widen.

"You'd actually do that, gramps?" Philip asked, leaning forwards in his chair. William nodded and stood up from the couch.

"Of course! That girl saved your life! I'm grateful for everything she's done to help you. I know you're still struggling with what happened, but ever since she arrived I've watched you grow and become a stronger young man." William spoke, smiling at his grandson.

"Thank you. I know it hasn't been easy for you either." Philip muttered, lowering his head. William walked over and gently pat his grandsons head.

"Don't you worry. I'll sort everything out." William spoke, reassuringly.

.

.

.

Maddie laid comfortably on her bed while she spoke to Hannah over the phone.

"So, Tell me more about your life." Hannah spoke.

"Well my two best friends are super busy with work now. I haven't really had anyone besides you to hangout with." Maddie said.

"Well don't worry. Now that we're friends I'll spoil you with riches." Hannah chuckled.

"That's sweet!" Maddie said. "You're such a good friend." Maddie added.

"Oh, Sweetie, I know." Hannah said, giggling. The two girls chatted for a couple hours before they finally needed to get some sleep. Maddie was actually enjoying spending time with Hannah, even though Hannah was very pushy and loud.

.

.

.

"You needed something, Mr. Barston?" Mackenzie asked, walking into William's office.

"Yes, I was actually going to offer you a job." William spoke, smiling at Mackenzie.

"Wait! What?" Mackenzie gasped, staring at the kind old man.

"Yes, I was hoping you'd like to work for the Barston's publisher. You can write any sort of book you want and he'll publish it at large. I've heard from Philip that your a great writer and I would be my honor to give you this position." William spoke, causing Mackenzie's eyes to widen in surprise.

"I.. I don't know what to say!" Mackenzie stuttered out.

"This would mean that you'd be a permanent resident in the Barston Manor." William added.

Mackenzie sat quiet for a moment, pondering her options. Was this the perfect opportunity for her? She could quit her old job and say fuck you to David. This would mean she could stay here with philip. She was dreading leaving his side when she had to go back to Pennsylvania, but this would mean she could stay.

Would her new home be California?

"Thank you so much! I'd be honored to take this position." Mackenzie said, smiling widely at William.