Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
What's Right For The Company

(Nobody's Pov!)

      Philip growled in frustration as he continued filing out the papers. He had so much shit to do for the company. How could he make connections when he didn't know anyone?

      There were so many offers of people attempting to split the business in half after seeing Williams condition. There were so many people trying to take advantage of the sick old man.

       Philip wouldn't let that happen. He had to do what was right for the company. He groaned in annoyance and rubbed his temples. He sat at his grandfathers desk trying his best to take over.

      That's when he saw Mackenzie walk in with a smile. She walked in and handed him a large cup of coffee. After all he had been up all night!

"You shouldn't be taking care of us." Philip muttered, gratefully taking the coffee. "I don't mind. You and your grandfather have been so nice to me. I owe it to you guys." Mackenzie said, gently patting his shoulder.

"You need some help?" Mackenzie asked, looking at the stack of papers on his desk. Philip sighed and shook his head.

"You're doing enough for me. I appreciate it." Philip spoke, narrowing his eyes at the next document he needed to fill out.

"Alright, Well. I've gotta go check on your grandfather. I'll check back in with you in a few hours." Mackenzie said, smiling as she walked out of the office. She headed straight for Williams  bedroom. Ever since Mackenzie and Philip found out about William's illness they had been taking care of him the best they could.

       Mackenzie knocked on the door and heard a simple 'Come In.'

"Hello, William. How are you feeling today?" Mackenzie asked, carrying his glass of water. "Thank you, Mackenzie. You've been so helpful." William said.

"Don't worry. I'm doing just fine." William spoke, taking a sip of the water.

"How's Philip?" William asked, setting the cup on his nightstand. Mackenzie rubbed her arm nervously, staring at the weakened old man.

"He's stressed, but he'll be alright." Mackenzie spoke, causing William to sigh. "I hate putting this burden on him. He's never been one to take responsibility." William muttered, laying back on the soft satin pillows.

"Don't worry, William. I swear that I'll help him out." Mackenzie spoke. "Well, You get some rest. I'll be back in a little while." Mackenzie added, flashing a kind smile to William.

William smiled back and rested his head. He was exhausted. It seemed as though his condition finally caught up with him. He had worked for so long in pain, but now he could finally just rest and allow his body to give out.

As Mackenzie exited William's room she saw Hannah walking through the halls once more. Mackenzie rolled her eyes in annoyance and walked the opposite way. Hannah was always here. How annoying could one girl be?

Mackenzie headed back to her room to take a short nap before helping Philip and William some more. After all she had barely slept. This nightmare had continued to haunt her dreams. Why was it so vivid?

Philip sighed and placed his head in his hands. His mind was full of thoughts. He was spinning in an endless tornado of grief and stress. It felt as if he was going to puke at any moment.

Was this what his grandfather has been dealing with this entire time? Philip clenched his teeth in rage. He had made it so difficult for his grandfather. He got into so much trouble that his grandfather had to rescue him from. What kind of grandson was he?