The Unquiet Dead

The Tardis is in a rather jerky flight.

"Hold that one down!" 

"I'm holding this one down," Rose tells him. 

"Well, hold them both down." he tells her. 

Nova rolls her eyes and holds the other one down as Rose says "It's not going to work." Rose tries to stretch across half the console. 

But Nova stops her "I got this one you just hold that one down" Rose nods at her.

"Oi! I promised the two of you a time machine and that's what you're getting. Now, that you've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. 1860. How does 1860 sound?" the Doctor asks them. 

"What happened in 1860?" questions Rose. 

"I don't know, let's find out. Hold on, here we go!"

The Tardis materializes at the end of a snowy street. The Doctor, Rose, and Nova are lying on the floor. It must have been a rough landing.

"Blimey!" Rose exclaims. 

"You're telling me. Are you alright?" 

Nova nods "Yep fine." 

"Yeah. I think so. Nothing broken. Did we make it? Where are we?" 

"I did it. Give the man a medal. Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860." 

Nova smiles at them "wow that's so weird. It's Christmas."

"All yours." 

But Rose keeps talking "But, it's like, think about it, though. Christmas. 1860. Happens once, just once and it's gone, it's finished, and it'll never happen again. Except for you. You can go back and see days that are dead and gone a hundred thousand sunsets ago. No wonder you never stay still."

"Not a bad life" 

Rose grinned at him, "Better with three. Come on, then." 

The Doctor stops her "Hey, where do you think you're going?" 

"1860." 

Nova gave the blonde a look "uhhh Rose might not want to go out dressed like that." 

The Doctor nods in agreement "Go out there dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarella. There's a wardrobe through there. First left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, and fifth door on your left. Hurry up! Both of you"

The Doctor is working under the console when Rose and Nova return, appropriately coiffed and attired for 1860. "Blimey!" 

"Don't laugh," Rose tells him. 

"You both look beautiful, considering."

"Considering what?" Nova questions. 

"That you're human."

Rose gives Nova a look "I think that's a compliment." 

Nova looks at the Doctor "Aren't you going to change?" 

"I've changed my jumper. Come on." 

"You stay there. You've done this before. This is ours" Rose grabs Nova's arm and drags her out of the Tardis with her. Rose opens the door and steps gingerly out into the fallen snow. Pulling Nova with her

"Ready for this you two? Here we go. History." The Doctor buys a newspaper. "I got the flight a bit wrong." 

"We don't care." Nova and Rose say at the same time. 

"It's not 1860, it's 1869." 

"We don't care," Rose answers for both of them. 

"And it's not Naples."