Boom Town

Mickey arrives at Cardiff Central railway station and heads to the redeveloped Oval Basin. The Tardis is in front of the huge water tower, a very Avante-garde slab with water pouring down it. Mickey knocks on the door and Jack answers it. "Who the hell are you?"

Nova comes up behind him with a smirk. Mickey looks confused "What do you mean, who the hell am I? Who the hell are you?"

Nova bursts out laughing as Jack replies "Captain Jack Harkness. Whatever your selling, we're not buying."

Mickey rolls his eyes "Get out of my way!"

Jack looks at Nova "Don't tell me. This must be Mickey."

Nova smirks "that would be correct Jack, that is Mickey"

Mickey nods at her "Nova" she gives him a little wave as he walks further into the control room of the Tardis.

"Here comes trouble! How're you doing, Ricky boy?"

Mickey rolls his eyes "It's Mickey!"

Rose cuts in "Don't listen to him, he's winding you up."

Mickey looks at her "You look fantastic."

Rose and Mickey hug. The Doctor is up a ladder mending something. Jack looks at Rose and Mickey then back at Nova and The Doctor "Aw, sweet, look at these two. How come I never get any of that?"

"Buy me a drink first." The Doctor tells him from his place on the ladder.

Nova smirks at Jack "Buy me dinner first"

Jack smirks back at her "You're such hard work."

Nova grins giving him a suggestive look "But worth it."

Rose looks at Mickey "Did you manage to find it?"

He smiles at her "There you go." Mickey hands over Rose's passport.

"I can go anywhere now."

Nova smirks as her father says, "I told you, you don't need a passport." Nova looks at her dad "She's stubborn there is no telling her anything" Rose rolls her eyes at Nova and the Doctor "It's all very well going to Platform One and Justicia and the Glass Pyramid of San Kaloon, but what if we end up in Brazil? I might need it. You see, I'm prepared for anything."

"Sounds like you're staying, then. So, what're you doing in Cardiff? And who the hell's Jumping Jack Flash? I mean, I don't mind you hanging out with big ears up there."

"Oi!" the Doctor tells him Nova bursts out laughing.

"Look in the mirror. But this guy, I don't know, he's kind of"

She shrugs at her dad "It's kind of true... Your ears are huge" her dad gives her a look.

Jack looks at Mickey "Handsome?"

Nova smirks "that is true too."

Mickey gives Nova a look "Not helping Novs" then turns back to Jack "More like cheesy."

Jack looks at Nova "Early twenty-first Century slang. Is cheesy good or bad?"

She chuckles "it's bad... but in some senses, it can be good, but I think he meant it in a bad way"

Jack smirks at Nova "But bad means good, isn't that right?"

Nova smirks at Mickey "Ohhh Mickey he has a point."

The Doctor looks at Mickey "Are you saying I'm not handsome?"

Nova shakes her head "that is not what he's saying, dad... he's just saying that Jack is hotter than you."