Aliens of London

The Tardis materializes. Rose, Nova, and the Doctor get out. "How long have we been gone?" Rose asks the Doctor. 

"About twelve hours." 

Rose nodded at the response "Oh. Right, we won't be long. I just want to see my mum." 

"What're you going to tell her?" he questions. 

Rose shrugs "I don't know. we've been to the year 5 billion and only been gone, what, twelve hours? No, I'll just tell her we spent the night at Shareen's. See you later. Oh, don't you disappear."

While Rose and Nova run up the stairs to the flat, the Doctor spots an old poster half stuck to a concrete pillar. Police Appeal for Assistance. Can You Help?

Rose and Nova walk in the door and Rose calls out "we're back! We were with Shareen. She was all upset again. Are you in? So, what's been going on? How've you been? What? What's that face for? It's not the first time we've stayed out all night."

Jackie drops her mug of tea. It smashes on the floor. The Doctor finishes reading the poster and runs to the flat. The poster says - Rose and Nova Tyler have been missing from their home on the Powell Estate since 6th March 2005. Jackie looks at the two of them wide-eyed "It's you. Both of you"

Rose gives her mum a look "Of course it's me."

While Nova leans over to Rose and whispers, "Something tells me we've been gone for more than 12 hours."

"Oh, my God. It's you. Oh my God" Jackie hugs Rose then hugs Nova as Rose spots several different types of missing person posters on the table.

The Doctor runs in. "It's not twelve hours, it's twelve months. You've been gone a whole year. Sorry."

Nova gives Rose a smug look that says told you. Rose rolls her eyes at Nova's smugness. Already knowing that the ginger girl loves it when she's right about things. Neither of them knows why but that it's just a part of who she is.

Outside, a young boy has spray-painted Bad Wolf on the side of the Tardis. Inside, astonishment has given way to fury, and a policeman has been called.

"The hours I've sat here, days and weeks and months, all on my own. I thought both of you were dead, and where were you? Traveling. What the hell does that mean, traveling? That's no sort of answer. You ask her. Ask them both. They won't tell me. That's all they say. Traveling" 

"That's what we've been doing." Rose defends. 

Nova gives Jackie a look "Come on Jacks that's what we were doing we were traveling" 

Jackie gives them both a look "When your passports are still in the drawer? It's just one lie after another."

Nova gives Jackie a sheepish smile "We meant to phone, really we did but with the excitement we just forgot, I'm sorry Jacks." 

"What, for a year? You forgot for a year? And I am left sitting here. I just don't believe you. Why won't either of you tell me where you've been?" 

"Actually, it's my fault. I sort of er, employed Rose and Nova as my companions." the Doctor tries to make the situation better which only makes it worse. 

"When you say companions, is this a sexual relationship?" The policeman asks.

"No!" Rose, Nova, and the Doctor all say at the same time, they all had matching looks of horror on their faces at the implication. Thinking about it just sends a shiver of disgust down Nova's spine she doesn't know why but she just feels it's wrong so very wrong to even think about her and the Doctor like that.

"Then what is it? Because of you, you waltz in here all charm and smiles, and the next thing I know, they both vanished off the face of the Earth! How old are you then? Forty? Forty-five? What, did you find them on the Internet? Did you go online and pretend you're a doctor?" Jackie says looking at the Doctor "I am a Doctor." he defends himself