The Long Game

The TARDIS just landed somewhere Nova smirks at her father "before we step out there I would just like to formally throw in your face that I am ginger and your not... Now have a nice day" she smiles brightly at him before skipping off of the TARDIS.

The Doctor smiles fondly after her finally knowing he isn't completely alone in the universe. Now he has his daughter back. Rose looks at the Doctor "wow I still can't believe that she is your daughter... I've known Nova since I was 13 and never would I have guessed that she was an alien it's just wow" 

"You wouldn't have known because what she did, made her human completely with no memory of anything that happened before she became human."

The two of them follow Nova out of the TARDIS.

Rose and the Doctor follow Nova out of the Tardis where she is waiting for them. Nova looks at her father "So where are we?"

He smirks at the two of them "the year two hundred thousand, and we are on a spaceship, wait no we are on a space station, Now you two go and try that gate over there."

Rose looks at him questioningly "two hundred thousand?"

"Two hundred thousand" the Doctor confirms. Nova links her arm with Rose's and pulls her towards the gate with the Doctor following behind them. "Come on you two This era has got fine food, good manners."

"Out of the way!" some man demands and suddenly there are a lot of people bustling around, opening up food vending stations and serving customers at their counters.

Nova snorted "yeah good manners... sure." 

"Thank you very much indeed. Somebody there? That's great. What do you want, love? All right, keep moving. I'll be with you lot in a minute. Here you are. One at a time. What now, what was it? Kronk Burger with cheese, Kronk burger with pajatos. Do you want a drink? Oi, you, mate. Stop pushing. Get back. I said, back." One of the Chefs calls out to all the people passing by.

"Fine cuisine?" Rose questions looking at the Doctor. 

"My watch must be wrong. No, it's fine. It's weird." 

Nova smirks teasingly "Your history's not as good as you thought it was." 

"Oi! My history's perfect." 

"Well, obviously not," Rose tells him teasingly.

Nova looks around questioningly "Why is everybody here human?" 

The Doctor looks at her "That is a very good question, Nova... You two must be starving."

Nova looks at Rose and shrugs "I could go for some food what about you?" 

Rose nods in agreement. "Oi, mate - how much is a kronkburger?" The Doctor asks the chef 

"Two credits twenty, sweetheart. Now join the queue" the chef tells him. 

"Money. We need money. Let's use a cashpoint."

There is an announcement "Attention all staff. All coverage of the Glasgow water riots being transferred five through nine."

The Doctor goes to a Credit Five cashpoint and does something clever with his sonic screwdriver. It produces a plastic card which the Doctor hands to Nova. "There you go, pocket money. Don't spend it all on sweets" 

Nova rolls her eyes playfully at her father as Rose asks "How does it work?"

"Go and find out, you both have been to enough places with me to know that time travel is just like visiting Paris, You can't just read the guidebook, you've got to throw yourself in. Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double, and end up kissing complete strangers. Or is that just me? Stop asking questions, go, and do it. Off you go, then." Nova laughs at her father's explanation of things but grabs Rose by the arm and pulled her off in another direction towards one of the food stations.