Dalek

The Tardis materializes in a dimly lit area with carpeting and display cases. Rose looks at the Doctor "So what is it? What's wrong?" 

"Don't know. Some kind of signal drawing the Tardis off course." 

"Where are we?" Nova asks. 

The doctor checks the scanner, "Earth. Utah, North America. About half a mile underground." 

"And when are we?" Rose asks him. 

"Two thousand and twelve." They step out of the Tardis and He looks at a display case.

Rose looks surprised "God, that's so close. So I should be twenty-six and Nova you should be twenty-seven" The Doctor finds the light switch, and things become more clear.

"Blimey. It's a great big museum." Rose states as the lights come on. 

"An alien museum. Someone's got a hobby. They must have spent a fortune on this. Chunks of meteorite, moon dust. That's the milometer from the Roswell spaceship" The Doctor informs them.

Nova looks surprised "That's a bit of Slitheen! That's a Slitheen arm. It's been stuffed." 

"Oh, look at you." the Doctor stops in front of one of the cases. 

"What is it?" Rose asks intrigued.

The head of a Cyberman. "An old friend of mine. Well, enemy. The stuff of nightmares reduced to an exhibit. I'm getting old." 

"Is that where the signals coming from?" the girls ask together. 

"No, it's stone dead. The signal's alive. Something's reaching out, calling for help." The Doctor touches the display case and an alarm goes off. Armed guards rush in from all sides and cut them off from the Tardis. 

Rose looks at the Doctor "If someone's collecting aliens, that makes you Exhibit A."

Tannoy announces "Attention all personnel. Bad Wolf One descending. Bad Wolf One descending."

Adam is showing his boss the latest purchases. "And this is the last. Paid eight hundred thousand dollars for it."

The Doctor, Rose, Nova, and Goddard enter.

"What does it do? Van Statten asks. 

"Well, you see the tubes on the side? It must be to channel something. I think maybe fuel." 

"I really wouldn't hold it like that." The Doctor tells them. 

"Shut it," Goddard snaps at him. 

"Really, though, that's wrong." 

"Is it dangerous?" Adam asks him. 

"No, it just looks silly." The Doctor reaches for the item, and firing bolts click all around him. Van Stratton hands him the curved, palm-sized object. "You just need to be." The Doctor strokes the artifact and it makes a note. "Delicate." He plays several different notes. 

"It's a musical instrument." Van Statten states. 

"And it's a long way from home." the Doctor tells them.

"Here, let me." Van Statten's touch is harsher and not nice sounds are produced. 

"I did say delicate. It reacts to the smallest fingerprint. It needs precision." the Doctor reminds them Van Statten finally gets the hang of it. "Very good. Quite the expert." the Doctor tells him 

"As are you." Van Statten remarks and then casually tosses it aside, onto the floor, and gets down to business "Who exactly are you?" 

"I'm the Doctor. And who are you?"