17.

Weeks had passed since the Darach was killed and Derek left Beacon Hills

Bella had been occupying herself with swimming, jogging, sorting her collections, even took up studying ancient history.

One evening, after spending a few hours at the school's swimming pool, the mermaid came home, took a bath and went into her room, only to jump in fright at the figure, sitting on her bed.

She calmed down once she recognised who it was.
"Hey Bells" The woman greeted with a smirk.
"Hi Brae, what brings you here?" Bella asks, smiling at her, pleased to see her.
"I've been given a new assignment and was allowed to bring back-up. You in?" Braeden asks the blonde.
"Why me?" Bella asks, confused as to why Braeden came to her for help now.
"It involves someone you know. Does the name Derek Hale sound familiar?" Braeden asks with a teasing smirk, knowing about their relationship.

Bella's eyes widened in shock at hearing her boyfriend's name.

Derek was supposed to have been back already, but he's neither arrived nor called in days to the point Bella was starting to get worried.
"Where are we going?" She asks her friend, determined.
"Mexico" Braeden answers, happy that Bella's coming along.
"Give me a few minutes to change. Pyjamas aren't the attire I had in mind to rescue my boyfriend" Bella tells her and starts to pick out an outfit.

||<<●●>>||
|<<●●>>|
|<●●>|
|<<●●>>|
||<<●●>>||

In Mexico, in a basement, Derek and Peter Hale were chained up against an electric fence, exhausted, aching and in heaps of pain from their previous torture session.

Peter was even missing a finger.
"I don't want to make it sound like we don't appreciate your hospitality, but do you think it would be possible to put that on ice? Maybe something for my hand? Extra large band-aid? Perhaps some antibiotic ointment?" Peter speaks up, annoying his already pissed off nephew, but amusing the man guarding them.

They then heard footsteps above them, followed by gunshots.

The man stood to investigate.

The door swung open and the man aimed his gun, but was quickly knocked out by an unfamiliar woman.

She looked at the two Hale men then looked back at the door.
"All clear in here! I found him!" She called out, making the men look towards the door.

Derek felt his heart soar at the familiar scent of mango, apricot and seawater, also a little bit of chlorine as Bella walked in, smiling in relief when she saw Derek.
(Her outfit)