26.

An hour later, the couple headed back to the loft, only to find it trashed

Furniture broken, glass from shattered light bulbs everywhere, but no Scott or Kira.
"What the hell happened here?" Stiles asked, coming in with his Dad.
"It was supposed to be a date" Derek answered, touching an intact light bulb.
"They were both here?" Stilinski asked.
"And they're both gone" Braeden says.

Stiles' phone then rang and he answered it.
"Hey..." He goes to say, but gets cut off.
"Scott's been taken. Scott and Kira. We just don't know where" Lydia rambles, frantically.
"Mexico. And if you want to save his life, that's where you're going to" Deaton tells them.

And so, everyone started to set up head for Mexico.

Derek and Bella were in the loft with Braeden and a bunch of guns.
"I still don't like relying on these things" Derek huffs, looking at the guns with distaste.
"I get it, you miss your power. I would too" Bella says, softly to comfort him.
"It's not about power, it's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless" He says, disheartened.
"I'm human. Do I look helpless?" Braeden asks him, loading another gun.
"But you're both better shots than me" Derek says, trying to lighten the mood.

Braeden left, leaving the two alone.
"Do you still think that Lydia's prediction was true and you're not coming back?" Bella asks him, quietly.
"Not alive" He sighs.
"Don't say that. I'm not ok with that" I Bella whimpers as tears pool in her eyes.

He turns to Bella, resting his forehead against hers, while placing his hands on her hips.
"I am. If it saves Scott and Kira. And keeps you alive, but to be honest, I don't even know if this is enough firepower to take down one Berserker" He tells her, honestly.
"Not even close" The walking embodiment of annoying speaks up, making them pull apart to look at him as he descends the spiral staircase.
"Killing a Berserker is next to impossible. It's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human" He informs his nephew.
"Well, the only person we know with that kind of experience is Argent, and he's not getting back to any of us" Derek states.
"Well, then you're going to need help. Like Malia, maybe Liam and definitely me" Peter states, boastfully.

The couple give him skeptical looks, not fully trusting him.

Braeden then walked back in with a smirk on her face.
"Bella, gotta get an important piece of equipment, you coming?" She asks the mermaid, making her grin, mischievously.
"Hell yeah. Meet you downstairs" Bella tells Derek, leaving the loft with her friend.

 Meet you downstairs" Bella tells Derek, leaving the loft with her friend