🕠Premonition 🕐

As I tried to get up, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I screamed and tried to shake them off. When I looked up at who had a hold on me, I saw the man I had recognized earlier,

"It's nice to finally have you back, Zero."

That word, it caused my head to pound. My hearing started to grow fuzzy as my vision faded into a different setting, I was no longer in the neighborhood. I was... somewhere else. Somewhere familiar. I pushed past the agonizing headache, screaming until my chest tightened from a lack of air and thrashing my legs as violently as I could, trying to loosen his grip.

-

It all came at me like a brick, and I was finally able to process what was going on. My heart ached at all the unfortunate events that had taken place this week, and it all became too much for me. I felt like crying, but my body wouldn't let me. I knew that things weren't finished. The battle wasn't won yet and I needed to keep moving. My hands dug into the ground, dirt and small rocks digging under my fingernails, my face was hot. So many pent-up emotions had finally bubbled up, I don't know how much more I can take. A thought crossed my mind, only for a second, one that I was ashamed of. One that I would never repeat to anybody.

-

"You lied!"

My head hurt, I rubbed my temples, trying to find any way to calm down before I completely freaked out. Her face was heartbroken, I know she didn't mean it, I know she would never mean it, but I saw red. Tears had finally swelled up and were coming down my face in large clumps.

"I'm sorry! I- I didn't mean to! I just wanted to-"

"You lied, Nancy! You lied! How could you?! HOW COULD YOU?!"

-

The halls were almost silent. I could hear my sobs echo, even with my head planted between my knees. I had only felt this much grief one other time, and it never got any better. Placing my hand on the wall, I pushed myself up. I made my way to the bathroom, I knew they would want me back, they wanted me to stick with the group. But how could I?

Going into the bathroom, I immediately started one of the sinks, catching the cold water with my hands, I splashed my face, the water mixing with snot and tears, I didn't really care at this point. Gripping the sides of the sink, I looked up, that was a mistake. I let out a horrified gasp, my hand flying over my mouth. Falling back onto the floor, I leaned as far into one of the stall doors as I could, clenching my eyes shut.

No, no, no, no, no!

It was happening again.