-The Bathtub - PT. 1-

Dustin and I were sitting around in Mike's basement. After El saved them, we came back, and Mike took her into the bathroom to get the dirt off her face. Dustin and I were quiet, our walkies out on the coffee table in front of us. My eyes looked anywhere other than Dustin, I noticed the broken-down fort that Mike created and wondered how that happened. Even now, I couldn't get what Lucas said out of my mind.

Was I as much of an outcast as he said I was?

"(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

I saw Dustin messing with his hands, knotting his fingers as he searched for how to continue the conversation he started. I knew the topic already, but I was just as unsure on how to bring it up. A fight like this had never happened over the years I've been in Hawkins, and it made me wonder why all of this was happening now. Will's disappearance, El's appearance, and the party splitting up, it all happened in the same week.

"What Lucas said, it- it was messed up and wrong. And I hope you don't feel-"

Suddenly, Dustin's walkie started going haywire. It started off with static, then it became distant shouting. The signal was so bad that neither of us could tell what was being said, but we both could recognize that voice from a mile away, Lucas. Dustin got up to get Mike and El from the bathroom and I held the walkie close to my ear. Wherever Lucas was, the signal was horrible, and I could only depict a few words.

'out' 'bad' 'Eleven'

The three came rushing out of the bathroom, Dustin explaining why he had barged in so suddenly,

"You remember how he said he was looking for the gate?"

"Yeah?"

"What if he found it?"

Snatching the walkie from my hands, Dustin adjusted it a bit and handed it to Mike. We circled around the walkie, trying to make out any form of sentences, but it all sounded muddy and indistinct.

"What's he saying?"

"I don't know, he's way out of range."

Mike pressed the button on the walkie, bringing it closer to his mouth,

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you."

'Yes -- copy! -- --? They know -- Eleven! Get out -- --! -- know -- Eleven! -- bad men -- coming! All of them!'

"'Mad hen' does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?"

We all stayed quiet for a second, trying to figure out what Lucas was trying to tell us in such a hurry. Mike's eyes widened a bit, he pieced it together,

"'Bad men.' Bad men!"

Mike put the walkie down and looked Eleven in the eyes, giving her a serious tone,

"Stay here."

Dustin and I followed Mike upstairs, and we rushed to the window in the living room. Pushing past the curtains, I stood on my toes to see over Mike and Dustin. There was a van outside, one that was used for repairs and maintenance, and in the driver's seat was a man that was looking directly at the house. He wasn't speaking on the phone, he wasn't getting tools, he was just staring.