-The Upside Down - PT. 2-

⚠️WARNING: This chapter contains multiple acts of violence and gore. Read at your own risk⚠️

«Nancy's POV»
Jonathan dug through the kitchen drawers, finding 2 of the sharpest knives. Standing back in front of me, he handed me one.

"Remember-"

"-straight into Will's room. And-"

"-Don't step on the trap."

"Wait for the yo-yo to move."

"Then..."

Jonathan flashed open his lighter and I nodded. Even after going over the plan, it didn't make me any less nervous over what was to come. It was time, we were leading the monster here to finally kill it.

"You ready?"

"...Ready."

We bring the knives up to the palms of our hands and Jonathan starts counting.

"One."

I feel myself tense, the cold feeling of the knife on my palm makes a shiver run up my spine. I take a few breaths. I'm doing this for (Y/n), for Brab, to make up for what I did.

"Two."

My jaw clenches and I can feel a few tears sting my eyes. My heart was pounding as I tried to ignore the pain I ultimately knew was coming.
'I'm serious Nancy, make sure she stays safe, and don't let her be alone. She's gonna need you tonight and you better be there.'
'You lied, Nancy! You lied! How could you?! HOW COULD YOU?!'
(Y/n)'s voice rang through my head, he was right. She needed me and I wasn't there, I lied because I thought I could find her before he ever found out. One day, I hope he can forgive me, I hope killing this thing makes up for my mistake.

"You don't have to do this-"

"-Jonathan, stop talking."

"I'm just saying, you don't have to-"

"-Three!"

«Mike's POV»

"Guys, guys! This is crazy. We can't just wait around."

Lucas and Dustin and I were stood up, gathered in a circle as El stayed on the bleachers, still wrapped in a towel. I was trying to convince Dustin and Lucas that we should leave, that we should go back to searching.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us."

"Plus, we don't even know where Jonathan and Nancy went! Not to mention (Y/n) still hasn't turned up since his fight with your sister."

"El can find them, all 3 of them!"

"Mike, look at her!" Dustin pointed behind me, making me look back at El who was holding her knees close, her head rested on them. I turned back to the guys, "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."

"Exactly. We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing, remember? Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan."