A Little Too Close For My Liking

~•( Grian's POV )•~

As I finished the last of our base I heard Scar call my name from the ground level. I quickly went down the ladder to go and see him.

"Well hello there." He said as I got closer to him.

I got even closer to him and I hugged him. "Hi!"

He hugged me back and I felt that warm feeling of affection I always crave from him.

"I see you've been busy." He said as he pointed up at the ceiling, which was now three stories higher.

"Yep! I even got us better tools and armour so we can go outside and explore if you want!" I smiled widely as I went to our chests and grabbed the armour.

"I think you should probably enchant the armour first, especially feather falling for my boots." He said as he giggled shyly.

"Probably, but I still want to show you something I found when you were asleep!" As I said that I grabbed his hand and led him to a vibrant green jungle.

"Isn't it beautiful!?" I spoke loudly with a bright smile.

He let out a little laugh that filled my heart with joy.

"It is." He responded with an adorable smile.

He sat down on the little hill we were on and I did the same. The sun began to set slowly as I overlooked the towering jungle trees and the pandas eating bamboo on the jungle floor. As I was about to completely zone out I heard Scar start mumbling. I wasn't sure why but I just loved it when he did that. He found it embarrassing, but I thought it was so cute. It made me wonder if he talks to himself sometimes, how adorable would that be? Probably too much to handle.

I turned my head to look at him and he was staring off in a random direction. I wasn't paying much attention to what he was going on about because I found his face so captivating, much like every other aspect of him. His emerald green eyes were a similar colour to the green of the jungle so everytime I saw it, it reminded me of him. I didn't know why I thought of him so much or why I felt this way but I didn't really mind it. I just hoped that he thought of me as much as I thought of him.

I felt so protective of him because of how kind, sweet, gentle, and sensitive he was. I knew how cruel the world could be and I hated seeing him sad so I always felt like I had to shield him from the mess of it all. It was definitely an odd feeling that I didn't want anyone else to know about. Scar was a weakness of mine, there wasn't much I wasn't willing to do for him. Actually, there was absolutely nothing I wasn't willing to do for him. Was that bad? Probably. How do I even identify this feeling of mine? I'd have to talk to someone about it, they might know what it is. But then again, Scar is the only person I'd consider telling this sort of stuff to.

I shook my head free from thoughts and tried to make out what Scar was mumbling since he could be going on about the most random things ever. His mumbles were, for the most part, incoherent so there wasn't a lot to listen to, however you did get some clear words every now and then. From the little bits and pieces I could understand I was able to determine he was most likely thinking about someone. The more I listened to him the more I started to identify his mumbling patterns and associate different sounds to different letters.

After a little it became pretty clear to me and I had next to no trouble figuring out what he was saying. I felt my cheeks heat up and I wasn't sure why when I found out he was going on and on about me. Has he been thinking of me this whole time like I was about him? He was unsure whether I thought well of him or not, and he was also saying something about how adorable I was in his eyes. I felt my heart speed up as I looked at the man in front of me, he was in deep thoughts about me the same way I so often was about him.