On and Off Like a Light Switch

~•( Scar's POV )•~

After a bit Grian told me he was ready to go outside and now we were in the mines so we could get dripstone. Or rather so he could get dripstone. He wouldn't let me near it in fear that I would die. If I remember correctly it went a little something like this,

"What do you want to do?" I asked inquisitively.

"Well, to finish our base we need dripstone, lots of dripstone, so we have to go down into the mines." He said as he grabbed a pickaxe.

"Don't I get a pickaxe too?" I raised a brow as I looked at him.

He shook his head, "You won't need it, I'm the one that's going to get the dripstone. I don't wanna risk you falling on it or mining it over your head and dying. I don't know what I'd do if you died because of me."

And with that he was starting a strip mine for us to go down into.

I felt quite strange. One day he's cold as ice and the next he wants to keep me alive at all costs for me. No, not for his sake, for me. It was a lot to take in. Yesterday he was selfish and today he's my number one fan. So now I was following closely behind him as he collected dripstone. After a bit Grian mined into some deepslate, which then lead to a big black hole. Intrigued, I poked my head out of it to try and figure out what lied inside. As I did so I slightly lost my footing and almost fell, but Grian caught my arm just in time.

"SCAAAR!" He screamed helplessly as he did so.

"Grian!" I whimpered back fearfully.

He tried his best to pull me back up and I did too. With our shared attempts I managed to get back to safety. Grian immediately pulled me into a tight hug.

"Scar.." He whispered softly as his grip on me tightened.

"Grian, I'm so sorry. I should've been more careful." I said, guilt lacing my words.

"It's okay, just please promise me you won't come near the Ancient City ever again." He pulled away slightly and I could see the fear in his eyes.

"I promise not to go anywhere near the Ancient City." I said as I stared longingly into his pretty baby blue eyes.

Our moment was interrupted by Martyn who ran towards us quite abruptly.

"Oh hey guys, is that the Ancient City?" Grian instantly shot up to his feet and wiped his eyes who had previously been slightly watery.

"Yep!" He said blankly.

"Neat." Martyn responded as he dug more deepslate around the Ancient City to make it more visible.

"Wanna get together with some of the other guys and enchant our stuff later? I'll leave Scar at home." Ouch. It was as if everything that happened today that lead to this point hadn't happened and we were back to square one.

"Sounds like a plan. I better get back up to the surface, I have a heart to build." I looked at him with slight confusion but decided not to question it since he was already heading where we'd made our strip mine up to the surface.

Grian's attention immediately switched back to me.

"Do you want us to go back up too or are you okay with staying down here a little longer?" He said as he held out his hand to me.