That's Not How You Say Best Friends

Hello hello, author here. Just a friendly little reminder that this is a multiple endings book and that by reading this part your are starting ending number one, Broken Hearts. I guess you could call it the original ending because it was the one intented for the book and the one that made me start writing the book. (I always start a book idea by the ending and then work out what I want to happen to get there.) Anyways, enjoy reading! (idk how many words but it was written after the word total was entered so it doesn't really matter)

~•( Grian's POV )•~

As I got back to our base I saw Scar. Surrounded by pandas. It didn't look like he had seen me coming, as he was still petting the big animals. When I got even closer I started to hear what he was saying.

"Aww who's a good little Jellie-Panda?" Scar said as he lifted a bamboo stick with string and fish at the end above the pandas heads.

I couldn't lie to myself much longer, he was so adorable and there was definitely a small piece of me that wanted him in a not-so-friendly way. When I walked even closer he finally noticed me.

"Oh, Grian! Hello there, I went adventuring and found these little Jellie-Pandas! Aren't they just the cutest?" He beamed with joy as he spoke so enthusiastically.

I couldn't stop myself from lowly murmuring, "You're cuter." in a kind of defensive tone.

My cheeks burned a fiery red colour when I realized what I'd just said. I looked up at Scar and his cheeks held the same bright red colour.

"I uhh... Thank you!" He spoke quickly and flusteredly, biting his bottom lip softly.

His cheeks were so red it looked like they were about to melt, so he hastily changed the subject.

"So uhhh.. I thought we could keep the Jellie-Pandas as pets!" I giggled, knowing I could probably get a reaction like that out of Scar any time I wanted. I then looked around for any hint of a pen for the so called 'Jellie-Pandas', but was met with a disappointing zero.

"Where would we put them though?" Scar looked at me with a hesitant expression.

"I was thinking maybe the base?" I gave him an 'are you serious?' look,

"Scar we can't keep them in the base, they're wild animals! They live surrounded by grass, trees, vines, bamboo, and more mature things, they need a natural habitat outside." He looked absolutely defeated and I felt I had been a bit too harsh on him.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll go bring them back to the jungle." I could see tears threatening to spill from his watery eyes.

He was so sensitive, so pure, it was one of the many things about him that made me feel so protective over him and why I enjoyed his company so much. I grabbed his free hand before he could leave.

"Scar, you're the best when it comes to anything land related. You can make them the best damn pen they've ever dreamed of!" A tear slipped down his cheek ever so gently.

"Really? Do you think I'm good enough?" I have him a slightly bewildered expression. "You're more than good enough Scar! You are fantastic!" He smiled at me, the kind of look and smile I would expect a hero to get when they save someone.

He didn't speak, yet I knew he was thanking me. I instinctively took a step closer and so did he. Our chests were slightly touching and we were silently staring deep into each other's eyes. It felt so right, it felt like this was what I needed to do, like this was what was meant for me.

Before I even realized that our faces were inching closer by the second my eyes fluttered shut and my lips were met with Scar's lemon flavoured ones. It was a delicious taste and a wonderful feeling I wanted more and more of. I heard the bamboo stick he was previously holding fall to the ground and shortly after felt his hand tangle into my hair, deepening the kiss. It was amazing and made me realize that all of me wanted Scar in a not-so-friendly way, I loved him. And we were kissing. Right out in the open. Surrounded by Jellie-Pandas. And it was heaven.