Broken Promises

~•{ Grian's POV }•~

I'd fallen asleep again, it was truly magical how easy it was for me to fall asleep in the arms of the one I love the most. I woke up still in his warm embrace and that brought a gentle smile to my lips. I turned around to dig my face into his chest and that woke him up. I nuzzled his chest either way, not caring much about the fact I had awoken him.

"Good morning Grian," Scar started in a blissful morning voice, "What is this, the third time we've woken up?" He joked and I giggled softly.

"Second time for me." I said as I lifted my head to look him in his gorgeous emerald green eyes.

His face leaped into mine for a gentle, yet so passionate kiss I never wanted to end. But of course every good thing has to come to an end eventually so we pulled away. I gave him a smile, though it wasn't completely genuine because I knew this moment had to end as well.

"I think we need to go back to the base now, Scar." I mentioned with a hint of disappointment hidden behind my joyful tone.

"Yeah, probably." Scar responded with disappointment that was a little more... raw.

He dug around the blankets and pillows, presumably trying to find the rest of our sheded clothes, while I just curled up in a ball, reluctant to leave. I dug my face into the pillow and groaned in a displeased manner before finally peeling myself away from the warm and fuzzy environment. I sat up and looked at Scar who seemed to have just finished retrieving the clothes.

He handed me mine and I took off the shirt I was wearing, which was his, and gave it back to him. He'd already put his underwear and pants back on yesterday so he was done much quicker then I was, leaving him to stare at me admiringly while I struggled to put on the blue dress shirt I'd borrowed and to button it up. I heard a little snicker from Scar so I lifted my head and grimaced at him grumpily.

This simply made him giggle before he asked, "Do you need some help with that?" with a prideful tone.

Was that even a question? Of course I did! I'm used to red jumpers, none of this fancy-pantsy dress shirt action.

"Maybe.." I mumbled shyly, it felt oddly weak to admit I couldn't perform such a simple task.

Scar kneeled over to me and buttoned up the shirt with ease, making me feel even weaker, and also quite useless. He lifted his head and looked into my eyes in such a passionate manner I felt like I was an iceberg that had just been tossed into the sun. I was, almost literally, melting. I lost sense of everything around me, therefore losing balance and falling into his arms.

"You okay, Gri?" Scar asked as he helped pull me back onto my feet, I smiled, "I'm okay."

"You can run ahead, I'll bring allow the pillows and blankets back so I might take a while, sorry." He said as he started strategically grabbing pillows.

"Oh it's okay, I have something to do, as well as bring Bdubz his clothes back, so I might not even be at the base when you're done." He frowned at my words, presumably because he didn't want to be alone.

I giggled slightly, flattered that he wanted to spend more time with me. I then scurried over to him, got on my tippy toes, and planted a soft, quick kiss on his lips. I smiled before I skipped off into the distance. I wasn't sure in what order I wanted to do things but I enjoyed the feeling that I felt when I wore this outfit, so I decided I would go to BigB's first.

Well, maybe I should go to the base and grab a piece of paper first. I wanted to do this over a note because it would feel less awkward that way. I didn't want to tell him face to face that what had only started a few days ago was ending abruptly today. I had no doubt in my mind, it was clear to me now. I liked BigB, and I loved Scar. It was always gonna come down to Scar in the end.