Bottle My Tears

~•( Grian's POV )•~

I had trouble falling asleep, nothing new, but what was new was that I couldn't get Scar out of my head. He was so happy and joyful even when he didn't know we were soulmates. He always had cheerful responses and it seemed like he always had something on his mind. But now he just seemed so.... defeated. Was I too harsh on him? He's so kind and pure, not something I'm used to. Maybe I should apologize? I don't want him getting attached to me though. Wait, why? Why don't I want him getting attached to me? It doesn't make any sense? I don't make any sense.

My mind wandered back to when he was talking to the tree, it was so cute. He's really cute. Wait- what am I even thinking? He's gonna get me killed one of these days, I can't be starting to like him. If I do then I won't be able to keep being rough on him and he might not listen when I tell him to do something. But he is cute though. He looks handsome, I wonder what his laugh sounds like. He's such a good guy, I don't deserve to be soul bound with him. I can't find it in me to appreciate how amazing he truly is because I'm not used to kind people.

Emotions are so weird, I'm getting such a big change of heart so suddenly. I turned around to look at Scar. He was sleeping with his back to me so there wasn't much to observe, but as I focused my attention on him I heard a small sniffle from his direction. Was he crying?

"Scar?" I said softly, checking to see if he was awake.

When I got no response from him I got out of my bed and slowly walked over to his. I sat down on the edge of his bed and realized that he was crying in his sleep. I felt as if my heart was being set on fire, I couldn't handle seeing him cry. I hated seeing anyone cry, but for some reason it hurt more when he cried. So, without giving it a second thought, I laid next to him and put my head on his chest. I hoped that the gentle touch would stop his crying. I was only planning on staying until he stopped crying, but those plans changed when I drifted off to sleep.

~•( Scar's POV )•~

When I woke up there was something generating heat on my chest. Or rather, someone generating heat on my chest, because when I opened my eyes I saw that Grian was in my bed. Both of his hands were gripping my shirt and his head was gently placed in the crook of my neck. I started to wonder when he'd gotten in my bed, but decided not to question it too much. I could feel blush cloud my cheeks and I tried to get out of the bed and gather my thoughts, but he was holding me back.

"Don't go.." He mumbled so softly in his sleep, I could barely hear what he'd said.

I assumed that he probably thought I was somebody else so I tried to get out of the bed once more. This time he let go of my shirt and I could get out of the bed. But before I could even take a single step he spoke once more,

"Scar, please don't go." His eyes opened slightly in contrast to mine who opened wider than they've ever been before.

What? Yesterday he was laughing at me and he couldn't care less about what happened to me, and now he wanted me to stay in bed with him? I was too weak to say no to him, and I honestly didn't want to, so I climbed back into bed. He made quick work of cuddling back up to me. He put his head back in the crook of my neck and placed one of his hands on my shoulder while the other was resting ever so gently on my chest.

"Thank you." He murmured quietly.

I wasn't sure what to do so I just stayed there motionless. My face was probably redder than blood right now, was this really happening? I felt his soft, steady breaths land softly on my skin. I was quite surprised at how easily he fell asleep but I wasn't about to wake him up. This moment was magical to me, like a dream come true. I wrapped an arm around him cautiously and he started talking. I was about to bring my arm back when I realized he was still asleep, he talked in his sleep. I couldn't stop myself from smiling at how adorable that was. He let out a tiny giggle that was so pure it filled my entire body with joy.