And So It Begins

Hello! This story will probably be shorter than my usual stories, it's just a small little side project for me to work on while I regain the excitement I once had for one of my bigger books. Oh yeah, I'm going to write every single chapter of this while listening to Evelyn Evelyn(on a loop :) which gets me in angst mode so,

Beware:
Angst, much much angst
Double life spoilers(ish)
Mild language (75)

The time had finally come for the people on the Double Life server to find out who their soulmate was. They'd been waiting for five minutes and most participants already had an idea of who they'd like as their soulmate. Text flashed before the eyes of every single player, «Your Soulmate is:» Grian was wiggling his toes unwillingly, yet he couldn't stop. He was so excited to find out who his soulmate was going to be. He hoped it would be Big B since he already had a small crush on the taller boy. A countdown from three appeared in front of him once more.

«3»
«2»
«1»
«???»

~•( Grian's POV )•~

What? I was expecting the text to tell me who my soulmate was, but since it wouldn't tell me I'd have to go find them on my own. I inhaled deeply as I kept gathering wood for starter tools. When I'd made a pickaxe, shovel, and axe I headed to a mountain biome to try and find some surface iron and coal. As I did so I saw some goats and remembered that you could collect their horns. I smiled mischievously as I tried to get one of them to charge me. After a few seconds one of the goats got in position and I jumped up on the stone behind me just before it hit me. I heard the noise of the horn fall to the ground and I grabbed it immediately. As I blew into it I smiled widely, it was my favourite one, Ponder.

As I was trying to get another horn I saw Scott climbing up the mountain out of the corner of my eye. I almost forgot to pay attention to the goats and I came very close to getting charged by one of them. Fortunately, I had pretty sharp reflexes so I jumped up last second and got another horn. This time the sound that came out of it wasn't as pretty as the one before.

"Oh god, what is that horrible sound?" Scott said as he sat on the rocks beside me.

"It's this horn, seek. The other ones are much better if you ask me. Ponder's my favourite." I said as I slowly pulled out the horn from before and blew into it.

"Ah, that one is much better, I see why it's your favourite. Have you just been collecting goat horns all day?" As those words came out of his mouth I began to think back to the progress I'd made today, which was close to nonexistent.

"Pretty much, yeah. Have you found your soulmate yet?" He shook his head with a nonchalant expression and an idea crossed my mind.

I walked closer to him and slapped his cheek. His hand immediately shot up to the impacted area. I was slightly disappointed since I wanted to find out who my soulmate was sooner rather than later, but then I felt happy because if Scott wasn't my soulmate, then that meant a higher chance of it being Big B.

"Jeez Grian, a little warning before you bitch slap me would be greatly appreciated." He glared at me half heartedly.

"Oh right, sorry." I shuffled my feet awkwardly. I can't just go around slapping people without permission, what am I thinking? I looked back up at Scott who seemed bored and unimpressed.

"You wanna try and get some goat horns while we're here?" I asked, trying to lighten up the plain atmosphere a little bit.

"Sure, why not? The goats do look pretty funny with only one horn." He remarked with a slight chuckle.