Part 18 - Status

The air that day wasn't humid, even in the night.

The clouds held water.

It would rain soon, Y/N knew it.

Y/N flew above the clouds.

He didn't want to look below him.

"I shouldn't have done that..." Y/N thought.

He replayed the entire day in his head, getting mad at himself for every little mistake he made.

He was taken out of his thoughts almost immediately, when he noticed a figure in front of him.

Y/N stopped mid flight.

All he could see was a figure in the clouds, but he could immediately tell who it was.

Piccolo Jr.

Y/N could sense his energy and all, it was no trick.

"What do you want this time?!" Y/N yelled.

The figure vanished, and so did the energy signature.

Y/N couldn't sense the energy signature at all, no matter how hard he tried.

It just...vanished.

5 Minutes Later...

Y/N closed the front door behind him.

"Oh my god! I just heard what happened! Are you okay?!" Gine said, running up to Y/N.

"Oh, u-uh, yeah. I'm okay" Y/N said.

"You don't seem okay. I can tell by you're energy you're shaken up or something" Gine said.

"Mom, I'm fine. Just lemme sleep this off and I'll be okay in the morning, 'kay?" Y/N said.

"What about dinner? Bulma upgraded the dinner-o-nator or whatever it's called" Gine said.

"I ate at the mall" Y/N said, walking past Gine.

Gine watched Y/N walk past her and to his bedroom.

Gine stood there for a second, more concerned rather than confused.

"Puberty. Huh" Bulma said, walking up.

"No, it's not that" Gine said.

"He's checking all the boxes, isn't he?" Bulma said.

"Something's bothering him, I can tell. He wouldn't pass up an extra dinner. No saiyan would" Gine said.

"Well, whatever it is, it shouldn't keep you from being the first test subject of the Dinner-O™" Bulma said.

"...yeah..." Gine said, one hand rubbing her other arm.

Y/N was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling.

His stomach rumbled.

Y/N pulled out his phone and unlocked his passcode.

He was immediately met by his wallpaper, which was a selfie of him and Momo from their first date together.

Y/N put down his phone almost immediately, and starting sliding his hands down his face.

He received a message.

He turned on his phone, just to turn off the vibration and set it down on the nightstand next to him.

He turned over to sleep.

Next Day...

Y/N woke up on his own.