Chapter 2

I wake up to Jackson tapping me on the shoulder.  "Ally wake up, big day today!" he yells excitedly.

"Hmm?" I mumble, still waking up.

"Your coming to my office today, remember? It's your first time seeing it" I completely forget about that.

"Jay please don't make me go, I have school" I plead.

"Baby, it's fine. It's me it's super easy and fast. Just get up, I already told your school your not coming today" he says more seriously now. I get up not wanting to argue this early.

After I somehow manage to get in the car, I put my earbuds in and played my favorite album Red to calm me down a little. My nerves start piling up when we pull into the clinic. Jackson gets out of the car and realizes I'm not budging.

"Ally come on, get out of the car" he walks over to  the passenger side and opens the door. I just shake my head. "Ally it's simple. I promise I'll be gentle."

Jackson's POV
I remember my parents telling me Ally has a fear of the dentist. I didn't realize it was this bad though. "Ally, how about we just talk in my office first. I won't do anything without telling you first" I bargain with her. Maybe if I get her into the office I can calm her down. She slowly nods her head. I reach my hand out for her told hold, She takes my hand and we walk towards the clinic.

Once we walk in, I see her tense up. "It's ok sweetheart we aren't doing anything yet I promise. Just come into my office so we can chat"  she follows me and sits down. "So, do you wanna tell me what going on?" I ask her sympathetically.

"I don't know, I'm just scared I guess" She mumbles.

"There is nothing to be afraid of. It's me. I love you and I just want to help. Tell me what your feeling, love" I want her to feel comfortable with me. I just want to keep her healthy like my parents would have wanted. I hate seeing her like this.

"This whole environment makes me feel overwhelmed, I guess. I love you too jay, but it's a little weird when you look in my mouth, in my personal space, I'm just not used to it." Ally takes a quick breath, "Um this feels weird to talk about but the tools and needles and all that stuff just makes me nervous" She says on the verge of tears.

"Hey, you know you can always talk to me. I get how you may feel overwhelmed. I will show you and tell you everything I'm doing and go at a pace  your comfortable with. Mom and Dad mentioned this fear to me once, but I never realized you were this scared, Al" She just slightly nods at me. "How about we go to the exam room now? Nothing more than that for right now" I say, going as slow as possible.

"Promise?" She says holding her hand out.

"Promise." I grab her hand and we make our way to the exam room.

Ally's POV
Talking to an actual dentist, about my fear of the dentist is a little weird, but I'm glad Jay is willing to take it slow for me. We enter the exam room and I see the chair. The dreaded dental chair. My stomach feels like it has butterflies, but in a bad way. Like giant moths trying to break free from my stomach.

"Do you want to sit for me princess?" Jay says, patting the chair. I can tell he is trying, but I'm still so scared. Not wanting to start anything, I sit with my legs still touching the floor.

"All I'm going to do is check your teeth and see if everything is ok, and then a cleaning. But if you really feel this anxious, we can do the cleaning another day. Just lay down for me, I will take it slow I promise" I slowly lay down, unsure of what's going on. Jay smiles at me.

"What if I just take a quick peek first. How does that sound?" I just nod. I'm not sure what will come out of my mouth if I try to speak. "I'm going to put the chair back now, ok Ally?" Another nod. "Your doing so good, sweetheart, just keep taking deep breaths for me" That reminds me to let go of holding my breath as the chair stops parallel to the ground. I hear Jay snap on gloves, the sound makes me tense up a little. He adjusts the light right above my mouth and rolls over my head. As soon as I saw my brother with gloves, glasses, and a mask on tears filled my eyes. I immediately sat up and started sobbing.

"I can't do this Jackson" I say as tears spill out of my eyes. I bury my head into my knees and just cry.

"Hey, hey, yes you can. Breathe for me baby. It's going to be alright." Jay puts me on his lap and holds me tightly. "Breathe with me" he places my hand on his chest. Once I calm down for the most part, he places me back on the chair. I give him a look as to say 'please no'. He snaps back on his gloves and mask and rolls over my head again. "I'm just going to use my fingers first. How does that sound?" He shows me his hands with nothing in them. I just nod. "Open for me baby" I slowly open just enough for him to slip his fingers in and keep it open.

Once he takes his fingers out of my mouth he reaches over to grab something. "What are you doing?" I say looking over at him. Jay presses my shoulder took keep me laying down. "Calm down, sweetheart i'm not going to do a single thing with out you knowing" he shows me his hands with a mirror and something sharp. "Im just using my mirror and explorer to check your teeth, nothing to worry about" I nod and open my mouth.

After he is done poking around for a while, he sits the chair upright again. "Your teeth are beautiful Ally. We could do the cleaning today if you want, but I think you've had enough for today"

"Agreed" I mumble and smile at him.

"Let me just clean up and we can head out." I hopped off that chair and went out to the car to wait. The car ride home was silent, like usual. When we got home, Jay and I watched Tv until he made dinner.
___________________________
Sorry the ending was really rushed, this chapter was getting long and I didn't want to leave out details. <3