Chapter 14

"Just sit for now baby, nothing is happening yet I promise" Jackson says as he sits on a rolling stool. I hesitantly walk over and sit with my legs dangling off the chair. My brother smiles and rubs my shoulder.

I'm staring in my lap picking at my nail polish, and I can hear Jackson quietly putting the tools on the tray and setting his stuff up. I try not to pay attention to this to much for my own sake. A moment later, Jackson rolls to my side.

"Did explaining things to you help you last time?" He asks me.

"It helped a lot actually" I say shyly. Honestly, it did help make me feel less helpless if that makes any sense.

"Alright, so this procedure is kind of different, you won't need anesthesia, so I will just fill in the tooth with a glue like thing and then dry it with my light. Sound ok?" Jackson says calmly trying to explain things as easily as possible. I nodded in return. I'm doing my best to hold everything in, trying not to seem like a crybaby.

"Do you have any questions?" He asks me.

"will it hurt?" I say my voice cracking.

"I can promise that you won't feel any pain. Just some pressure but again nothing painful Al" he says reassuringly. "Im just going to sit the chair back now, yeah?" I nod.

I'm now parallel to the floor and I hear Jackson snap on gloves and a mask. Seeing him with a mask on scares me a lot, I'm not sure why. He rolls over my head and positions the light near my mouth. I looked up and tears immediately filled my eyes.

"Why the tears baby?" He says wiping the warm tears rolling down my face. He takes his gloves and mask off. He rolls to my side and places me on his lap.  I sit up and cry into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry i'm being difficult I'm just scared" I cry.

"Al, your not difficult at all. Your my sister, I'm here to help you always" he says. I nod, but keep crying. My chest feels really tight and it's hard to catch my breath.

My breaths are now short and and I'm practically gasping for air when Jackson realizes.

"Hey, hey, breathe with me Ally. In and out" he says dramatically demonstrating his breathing skills. I try and follow as best I can, taking big breaths. "Im right here love it's ok take your time just breathe" he says. After a few minutes of this everything slows down and I relax a little in my brothers arms.

"I didn't mean to do that" I say, still resting my head in his shoulder.

"Do what?"

"lose my breath like that" I say, not knowing how to describe what just happened to me.

"Oh, sweetheart that sometimes can happen to you when you get worked up or overwhelmed with anxiety. You usually don't see it coming and can't control it to much" Jackson says, which makes me feel better.

Jackson's POV
It breaks my heart to see Ally get so worked up and anxious about something that shouldn't be scary at all. We were trained in med school on how to help patients when they get worked up like that, which helps in situations like this.

I slowly placed Ally into the chair, and she gave me a look of absolute panic.

"It's ok, I just want you to get comfortable first. Your my last patient so we have time" I say, trying to calm her down a little.

She nods and becomes visibly less tense, which makes me happier.

Ally's POV
It felt good to get that cry out. Don't get me wrong, I'm still nervous but getting that out helped a little. It felt like 30 seconds had passed when Jackson said he was laying the chair back. I know I have to suck it up and just get this over with, and I want to, it's just easier said than done.

Jackson snaps on his gloves and mask. "I'm just gonna take a look, sound ok?" He says rolling over me with a mirror in hand. I nodded in exchange. "open for me love" he says calmly. I do, and he quickly slips his tools in. He pokes around for a minute or two before taking his tools out of my mouth and setting them down.

"okay Al I'm just going basically reshape the tooth with some glue-like stuff, ok?" Jackson says grabbing a tool. I nod in return.

He begins to do his thing in my mouth and I try my best not to freak out. It didn't hurt it just felt weird and different. It lasted a few minutes before he stopped and grabbed a different tool. 

"Now I'm just got to shape it, this part is a little loud, but still no pain" he starts, "you alright Al?" I nod.

He was right. This part was noisy, but not painful.

Jackson's POV
Ally immediately tensed up when it got loud. But she's doing so great. I'm proud of how far she has come with trusting me since her first time at my office.

I continued shaping her tooth, noticing a tear fall down her cheek.

"Deep breaths, almost over love" I remind her. And soon enough, I finish shaping her tooth and place my tools on the tray.

"All I have to do now if dry it with this fancy blue light. Nothing painful or scary" I tell her. She gives me a nod and I start. It only takes a minute until I'm all done. I take a quick look at the area from when she fell, seeing that everything is alright.

Ally's POV
"You're all done! You did great, I'm proud of you Al" Jackson says, raising the chair to its normal position again. He takes off his gloves and mask and I immediately jump out of the chair.

Jackson cleans everything up, and we both head out to the car after he locks up. We drove the silent 5 minute drive home, and once we get there I throw my shoes off and put my pajamas on. I put them on before dinner tonight, because I was eager to change. Me and Jackson heated up leftovers for dinner and sat down at the table to eat them. It was fairly silent until he spoke.

"Everything feel normal again?" He said, chuckling.

"Yeah" I said, lightly giggling. It felt good not having pain in my mouth anymore, and now I can finally forget about the fall altogether.

We finished up our food and cleaned up. Shortly after I went upstairs to brush my teeth and all that. I climbed into my bed and fell right asleep.

__________________________
Did you guys like this chapter?
Sorry if the medical stuff isn't all 100% accurate!
have a great day <3