Chapter 7

Jackson's POV
Today is my day off, but i'm used to waking up at this time anyway. I go downstairs and make a cup of coffee. I also make a bagel with cream cheese and sit down to eat. Soon enough, I can hear Ally waking up.

Ally's POV
I wake up to the smell of coffee. I hop out of bed and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I was so tired still but not tired enough to go back to sleep. So I go downstairs to make my tea. I start going down the stairs when I trip and feel a shooting pain in my jaw. "Ow" I cry. I can now taste blood and I'm just sobbing. Jackson comes running to see what the bang was and sees me sitting on the floor holding my mouth and crying.

"Tell me what happened baby" he says while kneeling on the floor.

"I fell down the steps" I say while still crying.

"Where does it hurt? Your jaw?" He says while trying to slowly take my hand off of my face. I immediately pull back and start crying more. He scoops me up and puts me on the couch.

"It hurts a lot Jackson" I cry and put my hands over my face.

"I won't hurt you baby, I promise. I really need to look at it though"

"No please. Please don't" I cry harder again.

"Ok, ok I won't do anything. Just breathe sweetheart"

Jackson's POV
I'm not sure what to do, Ally is terrified but I need to see what's going on because it might get way worse. So I text my coworker Carson. He's great with kids and deals with kids who are scared a lot.

J: Hey, I hate to make you come in
today but Ally just fell down the stairs
and hit her jaw. Shes terrified and
won't let me look at it.

C: Yes of course. I'll
head in and set up

J: Thank you, I appreciate it.
I'll try to get her there now.

Ally's POV
I've been sitting on the couch with Jackson for about 10 minutes now slowly calming down.

"Ally, I really need to get you to the office" he says softly.

"No I can't, please don't make me" he sighs and looks at me sympathetically. He scoops me up and I cry a little again while resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, but it could get worse. I just wanna look sweetheart" he says as he places me in the car and buckles my seatbelt. I'm holding an ice pack to my cheek silently crying on the way, both from fear and pain, mostly fear. I was still in my pajamas. sweatpants and a black sweatshirt. I didn't even have shoes on. When we got there Jay parked in the staff parking space. He got out of the car, and came to my side and opened the door.

"What if we just wait in the waiting room for a while?" I shake my head. "Look at me" He says softly, "you trust me, yeah?" I nod my head. "I won't hurt you. I just want to help you. I'll make the pain go away." He pauses for a second. "How about you just come and sit down in the waiting room. That's all" I slowly get up, walking with him into the building. The sterile smell hits my nose and my stomach feels like it's in a knot. I sit down next to Jay, and bury my head into him. After a while, Jay stands up. He pulls me up with him.

Jackson's POV
I get Ally into the waiting room, and we sit for a while. I can tell she's really nervous, but I can also tell she's in pain. So I text Carson to see if he's ready.

Hey, we're here. I think
we're about to come back,
but she's petrified.
Alright, I'm ready
for you guys. We'll help
her, don't worry.

I hate to see Ally this way, but she could have done a lot of damage and I want to help her.