Chapter 12

Jackson's POV
I wake up to my alarm and shut it off. I go in the bathroom and do my usual business, then put my light blue scrubs on. Ally is still sleeping, so I head downstairs and make myself some coffee.

Ally's POV
I practically roll out of bed when I hear my alarm. The pain in my tooth has returned. I go to the bathroom and do my routine. Having a routine is nice, no big surprises or anything. I throw on sweatpants and a hoodie, I'm too tired to put anything else on.  I put on light makeup, do my hair, and throw on my converse. I go downstairs and see Jackson sitting at the counter.

"Morning princess, how's that tooth feeling?" He smiles.

"Um the medicine helped last night, but uh it hurts again" I mutter. It's too early to talk about all this.

"Alright, I'll try to get that scheduled soon but for now I'll just give you some more painkillers"

He gave me a pill and I took it with my tea. I'm not looking forward to getting it fixed, but for now I just tried not to think about it. Once I finished up my tea, I said goodbye to Jackson and headed to school. On my way I stopped by a Dunkin' Donuts and got an iced coffee. Jackson reminds me it's bad for my teeth constantly, but I get it sometimes on my way to school. I carry it with me until I finish it and throw the cup out.

I go to my locker to get some things before my next class and catch up with Brayden. I remember to ask him for dinner tonight.

"Brayden are you free tonight?" I ask him.

"Yeah I think so, why?" He responds.

"Well one of my brother's coworkers is coming for dinner, and he said I could invite you if I wanted to" I try to ask him in the best way possible, without making it weird.

"Yeah that sounds like fun, I'll be there" he says with a smile. A wash of relief spreads inside me.

"Alright, I'll text you the details. I'm gonna be late so I should probably go, see you later Brayden" I say trying to hide my smile.

"See you later, Al" he says to me as I give him a quick hug and go on my way.

Jackson's POV
I drive my usual route to work and park in my employee parking space. I walk in and put my things down in my office. I say hello to some coworkers, and grab my first patient. It's a little boy named Matteo. I call his name and take him into the exam room.

"Hey bud, hop on the chair for me" I say with a bright smile. He does, like it's nothing. "How have you been doing?" I ask him to make sure he is comfortable.

"good, and nope!" He says brightly

"Alrighty then, ready to get started? I'm just gonna clean your teeth"

He agrees, and I lean the chair back and start. He sits through the appointment effortlessly. Sometimes I wonder if something did happen to Ally to make her scared the way she is. I see scared patients, but not that scared. And I love her and want to look out for her like I told my parents I would, so I just get worried.

I finish up his appointment and send him off. I walk in to the staff room and see Carson sitting on his laptop. I plop down on the seat. I make conversation with Carson and check my schedule to book Ally's appointment. I book Ally for tomorrow when she's done school because I don't have a busy day tomorrow.

Ally's POV
I have only one class left of the day, English. I don't mind English that much. I do my work and chat with my friend in that class. Talking with my friends makes the period pass pretty quickly, so I gather my things and head out once the bell rings. I start walking home and text Jackson to let him know Brayden can come for dinner tonight. Once I arrive home, I go up to my room and throw my shoes off and toss my bag on my floor. I plop on my bed and wait for Jackson to come home.