Chapter 25

The next few days were mostly the same, me coming to Jackson's office after school or whenever I can.

Today was one of those days, and I'm currently sitting at my brothers desk doing homework. 

I let out a frustrated breath as Jackson walks in.

"Watcha working on?" He says, laughing at my struggle.

"Algebra" I say, letting my head fall onto the desk.

"So glad I'm not in high school anymore" he laughs. I shoot him a look, which makes him laugh even more. "Don't work yourself up, and it will be easier to think" he says, giving me the same glance.

"Easier said than done" I say truthfully.

"I have one more patient and then we can go home" Jackson says, grabbing some papers and leaving the room. 

Jackson's POV
Having Ally come to my office after school has been really nice. She's getting used to the environment outside of the exam room, which I think could help her.

As I set up for my next patient, I'm clicking through some files and come across my sister's. Her last cleaning and check up was almost eight months ago.

I know she's not going to be thrilled with me when I bring this up, but I have too. It's my job to keep up with things like this so we have to get it over with sooner or later.

I click out of her file, finish setting up, and go to grab my patient from the waiting room.

Ally's POV
I finally finished the assignment after like an hour of procrastinating. I close my laptop and grab my earbuds to listen to music.

After only a few songs, Jackson comes back into the room. He plops down on the couch and that's how I know we can go home now.

"Ready to go?" He asks me, grabbing his papers and laptop and packing up his bag as I do the same.

Once we got home, I went up to my room and plopped down on my bed.

Jackson's POV
After changing out of my scrubs, I watch tv for a while before making dinner. I made pasta because we both like it.

"Ally dinner!" I yell up the stairs. I hear her coming down the stairs and I grab plates and such. She grabs two water bottles and helps me set the table as we both sit down.

We talk about the usual, our days, school, work and other random stuff. I gave it a few minutes before bringing up the appointment for her check up, which I made for when she gets done school tomorrow.

"I was going through some files earlier and came across yours" I say, breaking the silence.

Ally's POV
"What about it?" I say skeptically. This cannot be good. It usually isn't.

"You're last checkup was eight months ago, your overdue for one"

No. No. No. No. Absolutely not. I feel like I was just there getting something done. I cant do it again. I know it's not the end of the world, but it's just overwhelming and messes me up completely.

"Jackson I was just there I'm completely fine I promise" I beg, knowing it will do nothing.

"You were there for something completely different. I'm sure everything is fine, princess but checkups are still important. They are also pain free and super easy, remember?"

"I don't know" I mumble.

"Sweetheart I promise it will be ok, you know the drill, we'll take it slow. I made the appointment for tomorrow after school"

"Jackson seriously?" I say, getting irritated.

"Princess, you've done this before" he reminds me.

"I know" I say, giving up with this conversation. We both clean up the table and I go up to my room to take a shower.

I quickly shower and put on my comfy pajama pants and sweatshirt. I grab my book and read until my eyes feel heavy and I fall asleep.

Jackson's POV
The next morning, I woke up early to make my lunch. I grab extra snack for Ally, just in case. I know how worked up she gets and I want to make sure she has eaten something before anything happens today. I put everything in my work bag and manage to have time to get some paperwork done before Ally wakes up.

Ally's POV
I shut off my alarm, letting out a groan as I get out of bed. I brush my teeth, wash my face, and brush my hair. I throw on a big sweatshirt and leggings. I do light makeup, as usual, and throw on my shoes.

I trudge down the stairs and am greeted by Jackson's gigantic smile.

"Morning princess, sleep ok?"

"Yeah, you?" I say, making my tea.

"Pretty good. Don't forget to eat lunch today sweetheart. Also, I'll pick you up from school today" he says, reminding me of the events of today.

"Alright" I say quietly, sitting at the counter next to him. I really don't have the energy to do this today.

After about 15 minutes, me and Jackson both grab our things to head out. We say our goodbyes and I start my walk to school, which was bound to be a long day.

______________________
Short update <3

Hope you enjoy!!