Chapter 13

Ally's POV
I wake up to my alarm and shut it off after snoozing it at least three times. I cant go to this appointment later, I'm not ready. But I tried not to think about it and dragged myself out of bed. I go to the bathroom and do my usual business. I throw on sweats and a hoodie, the comfier the better. I do light makeup and brush my hair. I put on slippers, grabbed my things, and headed downstairs.

"Morning princess" Jackson says brightly, dressed in his light blue scrubs.

"Morning" I say quietly. I'm not in the mood to talk this morning, my head is thinking a million miles a minute. I make my tea and sit at the counter next to Jackson. I read my book while drinking my tea.

"So I'm gonna pick you up from school and we are gonna go straight to my office, okay?" He says.

"Ok" I muster quietly. I'm stressed out already.

"Don't stress about it, alright? There's nothing to worry about, just breathe" Jackson says grabbing his keys as we both head out the door. I start towards the bus stop saying while goodbye to him.

Jackson's POV
I drive to work and head into my office. I do my usual paperwork and set up for my patients for that day. I talk to my coworkers about patients. After a while I go out to grab my first patient if the day, a young women needing a filling.

Ally's POV
I grab my books and things from my locker and say hi to Brayden. We talk about usual things before heading to class. My first class was science, then gym, then band. I catch up with Brayden on my lunch break and we chat the whole time.

The rest of my day went by pretty quickly, besides the pit in my stomach thinking about later. Once the final bell rings I go to my locker to grab my things and head out to find Jackson's car. When I see his car I walk over and get in.

"Hi princess, how was your day?" Jackson says, dressed in his scrubs making my stomach churn.

"It was fine" I say quietly. I get quiet when I'm anxious most of the time.

Jackson starts driving to his office and the drive is silent. I've been trying not to think about this appointment all day but it's happening now. Shortly after, Jackson pulls into his office and parks in his parking space. He looks over at me with a look.

"You ok baby?" He asks me.

"mhm" I say not trusting my own voice. Jackson gets out of the car and comes over to the passenger side and opens the door.

"Wanna sit in my office and talk?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders not knowing what to say. "I promise we won't do a single thing without telling you, we can just talk for now, c'mon sweetheart" Jackson says, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the car. I hesitantly walk towards the building. As soon as we walk in, the clean smell hits my nose. Jackson's leads me to his office and we both sit at his desk. It's silent for a moment before he speaks up.

"Take a breath Ally. You don't have to feel so uptight and anxious every time you have an appointment with me. I'm your brother and I care about you. I have your best interest in mind and I would never, ever hurt you. So tell me why you get so anxious to come here"

I stare at my lap for a minute before taking a breath. "Um I don't really know how to put it into words. I just get really overwhelmed at the thought of what's gonna happen and what could happen. I'm scared of people looking in my mouth with tools and things. I just get overwhelmed really easily as it is and this makes it worse. I cant help it" I say.

"I know you can't help it, babe. And that's ok. I just want you to see there is nothing to be scared about. The tools are supposed to take pain away, not cause it. I want you to remember that, ok?" He said calmly. I nod I'm return.

"Do you wanna head back now? I'll go any pace you want" he says standing up. I haven't cried yet, and for me that's an accomplishment. I follow Jackson into the exam room. As soon as I see the chair I freeze.

_____________________
Cliff hanger???
Thank you guys so so much for the reads!!!
Any suggestions? Also sorry if this was rushed I didn't want it to get too long!