Chapter 7: Nico's Nightmare Becomes Reality

An: just so you all know, this happens along the lines of the actual POJ timeline, so it's 2009 for the year.

Percy's POV:

It was only a bright flash before we arrived and were at the dining pavilion at camp. It just so happened that the whole camp was in here.

"Lady Artemis," Chiron nodded.

"Scary sister, temperamental sister with her significant others," Perseus spoke, bowing to mom.

Yeah, Thalia struck him with lightning. Good thing he's immune to it being Zeus's kid. Otherwise, he would have ended up like Tantalus.

"Where's Bianca," Nico asked, running up.

I didn't know where my sisters were, so I didn't answer. Though I did know they would likely end up coming for the battle later this year. Allegedly Phoebe was pissed about missing the last one.

"Was your time here not enjoyable?" mom asked him.

Nico shook his head. " I...I...I just wanted to tell her about it," he stammered. "I enjoyed it mostly. Silena is trying to make me be social and figure out my crush," he finished whispering.

"Do not fret, boy," Mom said, "my hunters will be arriving within the week. There are not enough monsters left to hunt." That surprised me. I hope it doesn't end up like the first time I came here.

"Is that where Bianca is?" Nico asked

Mom nodded. "I must be off now. Perseus, Chiron, as you two are aware, Dio is unavailable. However, if Thalia or Annabeth wish to stay in my cabin, they can," mom said, flashing off.

We three blushed heavily at that. I swear I could hear mom chuckling at us.

We went to get food and eat together like we had been since we left. However, everyone was staring at Nico or us.

"What," Thalia asked, sending most back to eating.

Time skip: hello, it's the following day. Fourteen is just lazy.

Me: *duct tapes Time skip's mouth shut* lies.

I'll admit it was weird and strangely cold not waking up with Thalia and Annabeth this morning. Even though mom said we could, we didn't. We didn't need to give the Aphrodite kids any more gossip than they had already.

I was heading to the arena to train, but I caught Nico looking at me with 'help me' eyes and Silena cornering him.

I ran over to help him.

"I figured it out," Silena said.

"Figured what out," I questioned.

"Nico's crush," Silena said dreamily. Oh, Di Immortales, poor Nico. May Chaos, the creator of all, spare him, "he has a crush on Solace," she squealed excitedly.

Nico looked deflated, like he had been beaten and accepted his terrible fate. "No wonder why I couldn't figure it out. For so long, I thought he was straight. But it makes sense now. Why Lady Artemis doesn't hate him, that is"

"Please don't tell anyone," Nico whimpered.

"Neeks, you got nothing to worry about," I said, and he looked confused. "It's the 21st century and everyone here, except Rachel, is half Ancient Greek," I added.

"Oh, this is so cute. Solangelo may be my new favorite ship," Silena said dreamily, fangirling. Now I feel sorry for them both.

"But isn't it illegal to...well, you know," Nico asked.

"To like boys while being a boy," Silena asked, to which Nico nodded in response, "it hasn't been since 2003, at least here in the United States, that is," Silena answered.

"It hasn't been since then," Nico asked.

"Correct," Silena answered. "Though marriage is a different issue, that depends on the state. Mom is trying to change that, so it's legal too."

"Oh," Nico said

"Don't worry, little Neeks. My siblings and I will help you," Silena said

Nico gave me a pleading look.

"And even then, we will help you here at camp. We don't care about who you like. Just as long as you make each other happy," Silena said.

Nico's glare shifted from asking for help to a; please stop her.

"Alright, Silena, let him be. He's just a kid still," I said, turning her away from Nico and having her head off.

"But but," Silena stammered.

"Will is just a kid, too," I reminded her.

"Wait," Nico called out, "is...is Will..."

"Gay," Silena said. "No, but he is bi. All of Apollo's kids are that way. Same with my siblings and me, though some may call us pan" Silena finished and rushed off

"Can you translate that to old person from the 1930s/40s for me?" Nico asked as Silena ran off. Dear gods, I hope she doesn't gossip, for Nico's sake.

"It means Will likes both girls and boys. Meaning you have more competition if it's his love you seek," I explained.

"Oh," Nico said, "Why are Apollo's kids and Aphrodite's kids that way then."

"Well, Aphrodite is the love goddess, and love is love in their books, assuming it is mutual," I answered. "As for Apollo's kids, well, Apollo says it's because he's the same way. You know half his kids here he is the mother of," I said

"That's weird," Nico said

"It's the gods," I replied, "I generally don't question it. Especially when it comes to my uncle."

"Hmm. Ok. But when should Bianca get here" Nico asked me.

"As far as I know, within the week," I replied. "I haven't talked to my sisters much this past year."

"Is that going to happen to Bianca and me?" Nico asked.

"I don't know," I answered honestly.

"Can you teach me some sword fighting stuff?" Nico asked

I chuckled, "yeah, sure. Let's go before Silena comes back with her siblings."

Nico immediately took off to the arena, and I shortly followed to train with him.