Chapter 17: We're Given a Gift

Percy's POV:

That was even more strange dreams. Though, at least they were helpful. Hades is being stubborn and scared, Iapetus and Hyperion are attacking tonight, and Typhon is halfway here with the gods in tow.

However, I don't necessarily know why I woke up in my tent, with Thalia in between Annabeth and me. I specifically remember losing consciousness near the Williamsburg Bridge.

"Good afternoon, Percy," Annabeth said, "Thalia is still sleeping."

"Is the war over?" I asked, hoping my dreams weren't real.

"Nope"

Atalanta charged into the tent. "Annabeth, you're supposed to be resting," she scolded. "And you, Percy, Zoë is expecting you."

I sighed, bringing to leave the sweet, sweet, comfortable bed. "Do I have to"

"Yes," Atalanta responded. "Zoë is expecting you."

I groaned in annoyance.

"Don't do anything stupid," Annabeth shouted.

"I'll do my best," I said, leaving the tent. "Get some rest. The docs around here are more stubborn than both of us."

As I was leaving my tent, however, I entered complete chaos only to be shoved back in the tent by Zoë, recognizing Phoebe as one of the guards holding back the chaos.

"Umm, sis," I asked as we tumbled into my tent.

"Yes, yes. Chaos has broken out, and Prometheus is in Marcus Garvey park under a truce flag," Zoë informed

Annabeth did a spit take and moved Thalia in a way that caused her to stir.

"So why is everything in chaos," I asked.

"Because you were asked for."

I groaned loudly, which woke Thalia. "I'm trying to sleep," she mumbled. "get back here, comfy pillow," she finished in a mostly asleep state.

"Percy's being requested for a truce meeting," Zoë told her.

"Ugggggghhhhhh, do I have to go" Thalia mumbled, turning into Annabeth and cuddling her.

"You should go, Thalia," Annabeth told her. "It would only increase validity."

Thalia groaned, "FIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEE. I'll go."

"Wasn't even asking you, but good and thanks," Zoë stated as Thalia dragged herself out of bed.

"You be good, Annie," Thalia mumbled half hazardously, putting on shoes. "I don't want ya still on bed rest by the time I get back."

"Love you to Thalia," Annabeth said, "don't break the temporary truce either."

Thalia grumbled something about being too tired to do that.

"Who else is going," I asked

"Myself," Zoë answered, "though I think it might be wise to take the cyclops."

I nodded and asked her to get Tyson for the truce.

Upon exiting my tent, this time with Thalia, however, I was immediately bombarded with questions.

"You can't seriously believe their truce."

"We aren't surrendering to these punks, right."

"Get is favorable battle terms."

"Make sure they leave Manhattan."

"Don't let them intimidate you."

"WILL YOU ALL SHUT UP? PLEASE" Thalia yelled. The demigods stopped asking their questions and went silent. "Thank you. I was just woken up, and I don't want to have a headache when I go and politic. We don't even know what they want," Thalia stated

The demigods looked slightly embarrassed at that. "We have to respect the truce and meet them," I stated. "We will be back," I answered.

"PERCY THALIA WE NEED TO GET A MOVE ON," Zoë shouted.

I nodded and was able to drag Thalia through the crowd and to Zoë, where we made our way to a meeting with a titan.

Line break

We arrived at the park the Titan was sitting waiting for us. He was easy to spot, too, with a hyperborean giant with a giant white flag.

"Hello, demigods, disgrace, and cyclops," the Titan said. "Why side with them, young cyclops."

Tyson looked offended. "They are friends," he defended. "Other cyclops were mean to me."

The Titan shrugged as if he didn't care, which he probably didn't. "Just get to the point of your truce already, Prometheus," Zoë stated blandly.

"Why in a rush? Isn't that what made you a disgrace before" Prometheus stated

"Stop trying to get us to break the truce," I said. I placed a hand on Zoë's shoulder to try to calm her.

"Alright, alright," he stated and gestured to a Scythian Dracnae with him.

The Dracnae lugged over a giant pithos. "This is for you, Percy," he stated

"Ummm, what is it."

"This once belonged to my sister-in-law. Now I am gifting it to you," he explained.

"But why," Thalia asked, "aren't you at war with us."

"It's pandora's pithos," Zoë stated.

"Pandora's box," I translated for Thalia, "They speak in old people."

"I AM NOT OLD," Zoë and Prometheus argued. But, if you ask me, that's the only thing they would ever agree on. Besides, possibly, Apollo's haikus being torture.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"I didn't think Kronos was correct about your impertinence. Now, however, I believe he may be right" I shrugged at his statement. He doesn't deserve my respect, nor does his lord. "Anyways. All that remains in this thing is Elpis, the spirit of hope. Only a child of man can release her. So release her, and we will know you all have surrendered."

I gave him an are you serious look. "Yes, I am completely serious."

"Ok then," I replied. "Zoë, do you have your flares still."

"Yes, brother"

"Wait, you aren't supposed to give me anything."

"It just wouldn't be right," I replied as Zoë pulled out three of the hunting flares. "I'm sure you know how a flare works," I stated

"Yes," Prometheus replied, annoyed.

"Good launch these three flares," I instructed, "lay down your weapons, and you'll be detained for a fair trial standing accused of insurrection and any other crimes you commit during the war," I finished.

Thalia brought a hand to her face to stop herself from laughing.

"You impertinent child. The Titans will win this war," Prometheus thundered. " I HAVE FORESEEN IT"

"Good for you," I replied sarcastically. "Now we shall both be on our way. You off the island of manhattan and me to my encampment."

Prometheus grumbled. "Fair well then, demigods." He called for the Hyperborean giant and left with the Dracnae.

"Come on," Zoë said, "we need to get back."

I sighed and picked up the Pithos. "Yes, we need to secure this somewhere too," I said

"I can't believe you sassed him," Thalia laughed out.

"Brother was quite funny," Tyson agreed.

Zoë rolled her eyes but led us back to our encampment. "Why did milady adopt you" she mumbled to herself. "I am not old," she continued, trying to will her statement into being true.