Chapter 19: Hestia Gives Me An Order

Percy's POV:

Once we got back, Atalanta forced me to get a few hours of sleep. I only learned from my dreams that the Titan lord moved his base to the UN building, and he's pissed about Iapetus switching sides. Hades reluctantly agrees to join the war but seems happy about kicking Demeter out, and so does Persephone, the gods will be here within probably hours at the earliest, and Dionysius asked me to protect Pollux again.

I woke up in time for lunch but was greeted by the pithos sitting at the lunch table.

"Didn't we lock the pithos up in a hotel?" I asked

"The pithos was gifted to you, and part of the curse on it is that it follows around and routinely appears before the owner," Iapetus informed

Everyone and I do mean everyone looked at the Titan. "What. I'm older than the pithos," he defended.

"Elpis is all that remains," I questioned

"Yes," Iapetus confirmed, "that spirit never left humanity."

"Brother," Zoë said warningly, as she looked like she was debating between tackling me and taking the jar and running.

I admit. I kind of do want to open the pithos. Not because I want to surrender but out of curiosity.

"We need to get it somewhere safe," Annabeth stated.

I began thinking, but looking at the Pithos and knowing the spirit of hope is inside, I kept coming back to one conclusion. In that conclusion, only Hestia could be trusted with the spirit of hope.

"I know what to do," I said

"What would that be, little brother."

"Take the Pithos to Milady," I replied.

"We'll come with," Thalia and Annabeth stated in unison.

Zoë nodded, "fine, just don't open it."

I accepted my sister's advice about not opening it as I lugged the Pithos up to Olympus.

The path to the throne room looked even more abandoned than before, and the only sign of life along the way came when we came across some of our own injured being healed by the Apollo cabin. One of which was Pollux.

"Will, is everyone here going to be alright," I asked.

"They'll be ok," he stated. "But not many of them will be ready for a fight."

I nodded, "start moving those that can move to a more secluded part of Olympus. This is the main path to the throne room, and I want it cleared as a precaution."

Will nodded and had a few of his siblings go off to set up a medical station elsewhere on Olympus.

"Where do you need me, Perce? I can still fight," Pollux asked. I studied my uncle's son. He wasn't in fighting condition. That much was made evident by the bandages on his head and the cast on his leg. As well as the crutches.

"You did enough, Pollux," I stated. "Rest and do what you can to help with the injured"

"I can fight," Pollux stated

"I don't doubt that, but I don't want to lose anyone else, Pollux."

He nodded, "do...do you think my brother would be proud."

"I would assume so," I stated.

"Thanks, Perce," Pollux said as he sighed and began sleeping up against the tree he was leaning on.

"I'll make sure everyone's moved out soon," Will stated

I nodded my gratitude to my cousin and continued to the throne room.