Chapter 22: Annabeth Get's Her Dream Job

Thalia's POV:

We just killed Kronos and Luke. I'll admit my confusion upon hearing him ask Annabeth if she ever loved him. I knew he was talking about romantic love too. I could see it in his eyes. Annabeth's answer made me happy, though.

The gods, however, have impeccable timing and entered as soon he took his final breath.

"We need a shroud. A shroud for the son of Hermes," Percy declared. I would have agreed if Luke didn't just confess to loving Annabeth, but he did, and I'm a little apprehensive about it.

Hermes, though sad, clicked his fingers, covering his body in a shroud.

I looked around and just noticed the damage that was in occurred in the throne room. Cracks scattered the floor, and debris from the ceiling littered the rest of the floor.

"Why don't you children head to the medical tent your friends set up? We'll clean up in here," Zeus ordered.

I bowed to my father and left with Percy and Annabeth.

"Yo, little sis, nephew, and niece. I should go with you," Apollo shouted as he ran to catch up.

I groaned. "Hey, I'm your awesome big bro and am going to heal up your friends."

"Generals," Iapetus called, also running out.

I swear if we get any more company, I might electrocute them.

"Yes, Iapetus," Percy asked.

"Thank you for giving me a chance," he stated

"You're welcome," Annabeth said, "but now we should get to our friends."

"Oh yes, yes," Apollo stated, grabbing us and flashing us off.

I kicked him where he doesn't shine. "Ooooooowwwwwwwwww," Apollo stated, clutching his spot and falling over.

Percy gave me a fist bump. "Don't you know better than to teleport people without permission?" I asked.

"Note to self don't teleport the generals without permission," Iapetus mumbled to himself.

I admit I was internally chuckling.

I looked around and took note of all the demigods. Many shrouds lay with bodies underneath, even a few without bodies underneath. One of which was for Michael. They weren't able to find his body.

He may have been a pain in the ass in his last few days, but he served well.

I saw that there were also some silver shrouds with the moon on them. I began getting worried until I saw all the little ones gathering around the shrouds crying.

Percy looked like he was about to join them in crying till Zoë came over.

"They'll be with our other sisters in Elysium," she said to him, bracing him in a hug. That's all it took for Percy to shed a tear.

Zoë looked a bit uncomfortable but still embraced her brother. "They...they"

"They died honorably, brother," Zoë stated. "it's not your fault," she soothed. I have never seen this side of Zoë, but she carried Percy to us more or less. "Make sure he doesn't do anything dumb," She said to us.

"How many," Percy asked.

Zoë looked apprehensive but resigned herself. "419 nature spirits, 35 centaurs, the cloven council, 12 demigods, and five hunters," she stated.

"I failed them," Percy said.

Zoë stopped whatever she was doing and slapped Percy. "There was nothing more you could have done for them, little brother. You trained them to the best of your abilities, and those who passed died honorably. Do not blame yourself for their heroic sacrifices," she stated, glaring at Percy.