Chapter 20: A God, or Two, to the Rescue

Percy's POV:

Gods are mostly just as unreliable as heroes. I hope my dream about the underworld and my discussion with Poseidon wasn't fake. Nor their agreements to come and fight. I left the throne room and ran into Hestia, Annabeth, and Thalia upon my exit.

"How did it go, my champion?"

"He agreed to come to fight," I answered.

"And have you forgiven him?"

"I'm not sure if I can. But I did offer to try seeing him as my father."

"Are you sure about that? "Thalia asked

"No," I answered

"It's alright to be scared, my champion," Hestia said.

"Thanks, milady," I said

Hestia sighed, "stubborn as your mother, I see. It's time for you three to return to the battlefield, however."

We bowed in respect to milady. "Not you two as well," she complained. "Just get back to the battlefield," she finished ushering us to the elevator.

"Can I jump down?" Thalia asked.

Annabeth looked shocked, "what I got over my fear of heights. It helped actually killing something in the sky."

Annabeth shrugged, "just don't hurt yourself," Annabeth said as Thalia jumped down.

"Meet you at the bottom," I said, joining Thalia.

"I SWEAR IF YOU TWO ARE HURT OR NOT THERE WHEN I GET DOWN, ILL KILL YOU BOTH MYSELF," Annabeth shouted.

"We better head down quickly," Thalia stated

"Completely agreed," I said as we flew down as quickly as we could.

We landed just outside the Empire State Building and rushed inside. Just in time to be greeted by elevator doors opening and Annabeth tapping her foot angrily. "The next time you two do something dangerously stupid and worry me."

"We know," Thalia and I stated quickly, hoping to appease her.

Annabeth gave us a quick kiss on the cheek, "good then, don't do it again, loves," she said, walking out.

"Are you turned on, or is that just me" Thalia asked, looking at where Annabeth had just exited the building.

"Turned on," I questioned

"Sorry. I forgot the hunt raised you," Thalia said

"Care to explain it then," I asked.

"Later," Thalia said.

I sighed as Thalia left quickly. I walked out after her and headed to the command tent, which was now moved just outside the entrance.

"We'll hold a defense line at Park avenue," Annabeth stated as I entered the tent. "They've amassed at the UN building. "Our fallback line is Madison."

"what about flanking lines," Clarisse asked.

"We'll hold 32nd, 35th, and 6th," Annabeth countered.

Clarisse nodded in acceptance.

"The hunt is low on arrows, and the Hephaestus cabin is working on our knives," Zoë informed

"They're almost done," Beckendorf ensured.

"Till then, pick up other weapons," I asked my sister.

Zoë nodded, "and of the young ones who have yet to be taught a third."

"Give them the majority of arrows. Only keep a couple or few for yourselves," I said

"Alright. I'll give the orders," Zoë stated and left.