10 (Gerard)

The green leaves drifted through the air before their destination tree fully came into view. The lower base of its form was stripped down and pale while it's upper half mushroomed out with a darker coloration and twisting branches. The other trees of the forest parted, as if giving the cork tree a large space to breathe. The area had always fascinated Gerard.

He pulled Frank into the clearing before halting their trek. "Great seer!" He called out. As he did, he released Frank's wrist and stepped forward. "Great seer, I request an audience. It is Gerard of the Way Wielders." He listened closely after speaking, feeling his magic rise up his neck to coat his ears for an advantage, but heard nothing in response.

"I need your guidance." Gerard called out again. He bit his lip before continuing, "I messed up. I messed a lot up, and I don't know to move forward."

This time, the rustling of leaves caught his attention. He brought an arm up in front of his face, resting his fist on the top of his head. He felt his magic flow down from his ears, to his shoulders, to his forearm. Once in place, a shield of glittering pink spread in front of him. Just as his magic finished its barrier, Gerard could feel the rush of another's magic rush past him. Small clouds of yellow knocked off of his shield before fading into the air.

Ahead of him, the cork tree began to shift. It's large base widened, revealing an opening where two figures stood in the shadows.

Gerard let out a sigh of relief, but didn't put his shield down. "Please, give me your guidance." He knelt down, lowering his head as well. His shield tightened around him, watching the figures that were emerging from the tree.

The figures emerged from the tree, revealing themselves to the light. One with dark hair stepped ahead of the other. "You ask for guidance, yet you bring a Force soldier to our sacred land." He glared at Gerard in a way that seemed to bore through his shield. "What games do you play?"

"Please, I can explain." Gerard looked back to Frank, who was still standing. His eyes, however were a blinding yellow with his eyelids hanging low. He had been hit by their magic. Gerard turned back to the figures that had emerged from the tree."He is part of the reason I need guidance. I was captured and was locked away from my magic, but then it broke through and I-I used what they used on me on him-"

The second figure stepped up to where the first one stood as Gerard spoke. He placed his hand on the darker haired man's shoulder, seeming to bring him some ease. He then took another step forward, letting his hand fall to his side. "Enough." He interrupted Gerard as he continued forward. His yellow eyes held a kindness as he gestured for Gerard to rise to his feet. "I saw your arrival, I just wasn't sure when you would come like this."

Gerard rose to his feet. He released a breath before lowering his arm. Though it protested within him, his magic slowly began to lower the shield. "Please, Patrick, I need your help." He held his hand out. "Both of us need your help."

Patrick nodded. He took Gerard's hand. As he did, his eyes flared a brighter yellow. Gerard momentarily had magenta encapsulate his vision before it faded into a pale pink.  He could feel the magic in his fingertips brushing against the magic within Patrick's.

"Which future have you gotten yourself into?" Patrick asked with a sad smile.

"I don't know." Gerard shook his head. "I really don't."

"Your magic shows distress." Patrick commented. He brought his free hand up to trace his fingers along Gerard's jaw. "An anger. Confliction... from you." He pulled his hand away and placed it on top of the one that held Gerard's. "And something else."

"Can you help?" Gerard asked. He squeezed Patrick's hand. "If not me, can you help him?"

Patrick looked behind him, towards Frank. "Why a Force soldier?" His question was softer than his partner's earlier tone.